Could The Mandalorian save Imperial Assault?

By Ajax Romano, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Just a brief synapse firing cause me to wonder if The Mandalorian can be a factor in restoring IA.

While Legion has been FFG's focus, the format of the game does not really lend itself to Mercenary/Scum units because most of these characters are either loners or unaffiliated. Therefore, new characters from The Mandalorian will make more sense in IA than Legion. Not a sophisticated assumption, but here's hoping.

It would be cool to have the “heroes” as bounty hunters. The missions could be quite varied and there might be nice story opportunities depending on the kinds of bounties you choose pursue.

Edited by Master Wang

Yeah, they found a way to get bounty hunters in Legion. I expect we will see them in that game. It would be cool if they did a Mandalorian expansion for IA though.

I think the Mandalorian will take over the popularity of Fett. I might have him pop up instead of fett in some campaigns. maybe make a card for him. 3D print a mini

Would the Mandalorian be an awesome addition to Imperial Assault?

H E double Hockey Sticks Yes!

Will the Mandalorian save Imperial Assault?

Not in the slightest.

Edited by Majushi
11 hours ago, Ajax Romano said:

While Legion has been FFG's focus, the format of the game does not really lend itself to Mercenary/Scum units because most of these characters are either loners or unaffiliated.

They made it work in X-wing. With so many syndicates, crime organizations, and the bounty hunters guilds, the idea of an organized merc force isn't that hard for them to implement. Although, I do wonder why they haven't.

I don't think IA is really in a position for a dramatic save. FFG has their plate full with the other properties at the moment (also, app is playing catch-up to physical product).

Being said, I would be genuinely surprised if the next physical release didn't include Mandalorian content.

Not according to the AMA with Andrew today. According to him and FFG, IA is a physically complete game.

I would guess we get one more Raid map (a 3rd one) and one more digital campaign for Heart of the Empire.

Sad. There's just no way I'm getting into Legion. Only 1v1. Have to have a huge table space and terrain to have games... Nope. IA was perfect as an in between game for people who liked board games and Star Wars but don't want to go full Warhammer.