Kanan Raidus

By Muelmuel, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

latest?cb=20190803001201

Not sure if this was raised before, but can Kanan's ability and Assault stack? So I score a hit and a crit on my 2 blue dice against a ship, can I resolve both abilities and deliver 2 raid tokens on the same ship?

Good point! Strictly speaking I would say yes it does stack as it's not shown in italics as an explanation of what Assault does. But you'd have to roll double blue crit to get it to work twice.

19 minutes ago, Zamalekite said:

Good point! Strictly speaking I would say yes it does stack as it's not shown in italics as an explanation of what Assault does. But you'd have to roll double blue crit to get it to work twice.

Ah but Assault is just a normal [Hit] icon.

Assault is one Rule.

Kanan's Pilot Ability is another Rule.

They absolutely both work at the same time, but as said, you literally need to roll a single Blue HIT and a single Blue CRIT to get 2 Raid tokens.

Put him with his PTSD Buddy, Rex, and then you've got a situation that, with a Single Squadron Command, you can potentially put 3 Raid Tokens on a Close range Target, *and* the Enemy can't get rid of more than 1 of them with a Dial until Rex moves on.

4 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Assault is one Rule.

Kanan's Pilot Ability is another Rule.

They absolutely both work at the same time, but as said, you literally need to roll a single Blue HIT and a single Blue CRIT to get 2 Raid tokens.

Put him with his PTSD Buddy, Rex, and then you've got a situation that, with a Single Squadron Command, you can potentially put 3 Raid Tokens on a Close range Target, *and* the Enemy can't get rid of more than 1 of them with a Dial until Rex moves on.

Have a hammerhead with Jyn Erso and Rex and then send in Kanan to whack 4 raid tokens on :D

p.s. If you Adar Kanan you can whack another raid token on after they've activated and removed one.

Edited by Zamalekite

The new go-to squadron for Sato?

30 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

The new go-to squadron for Sato?

I just wish he weren't quite so fragile... I think he'll want X-wings to cover for him, maybe even his fellow HWK Jan.

On 8/29/2019 at 8:11 PM, The Jabbawookie said:

I just wish he weren't quite so fragile... I think he'll want X-wings to cover for him, maybe even his fellow HWK Jan.

Yeah 4 hull isn't going to survive for long at all, even with braces. A scatter would have been nice! At least he's fairly cheap

He needs an Escrot wing.

1 hour ago, Norell said:

He needs an Escrot wing.

At least he is sitting in a HWK and not on the Moldy Crow. This means you can use Kanan with Jan.