Please give us Phoenix Sumo Wrestlers

By Shiba Mako, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Ok, hear me out.

The new family of the Phoenix, the Kaito, are based on the idea of Shrine Maidens. One of the main purposes of the Shrine Maidens in Shinto is to become proper vessels for spirits. There is another group that do the same thing.

Sumo Wrestlers.

i would love to see either a card depicting a Kaito wrestler or, even better, a Kaito school for the RPG that lets you BE a Phoenix wrestler.

I know that Rokugan is not the real world but I still think it would be cool and appropriate.

Edited by Shiba Mako
16 minutes ago, DarkHorse said:

Sumai wrestling is the purview of the Crab and Badger clans. This is old5R lore but is still probably accurate https://l5r.fandom.com/wiki/Crab_Sumai_Wrestler

True but there have been Wrestlers from all over the Empire. Even the Daidoji had some.

Shinsei no Sumai Mura is an important phoenix village in the old canon that had Sumai wrestlers. It is very feasible imo.

TBH as a fan of Sumo, I've had a dream of creating a set of sumo characters for a while. Although via Heya(stables) hosted by vassal families of the great clans.

Also the Aki Basho starts in 6 days, can't wait to kick off my local fantasy Sumo league again (had 6 friends in last time now it's at 10).

Look, given that ol' Mako was with us at the last AEG Winter Court online RPG... we all know the real reason we want Phoenix Sumotori. ;)

Asako Michi was an absolute delight.

In miniature form too, please! 😉

Ha, I just got a mental image of a shrine maiden letting a spirit inside of her and then getting really fat.