Learning to Spell, Part 2 >> More Spells and Colleges from Winds of Magic

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

Dan Clark's second installment of his spell design commentary for the upcoming Winds of Magic supplement provides new insights into the Gold, Celestial, Grey, and Jade Colleges, and spoils several new spells included in the project.

Dark magic....

Why do I get the feeling they are trying to get MTG players interrested in the game? ;-)

Sending a particulary nasty band of Witch Hunters to get me this book.

I want that Dark Ma... errrr... I mean to burn it of course lengua.gif

jfmongrain said:

Why do I get the feeling they are trying to get MTG players interrested in the game? ;-)

You Magic the Gathering (or as we say Magic the Tragic)? nah don`t think so, only if FFG starts making booster packs with rare spells and such.

Good gaming

Mal Reynolds said:

jfmongrain said:

You Magic the Gathering (or as we say Magic the Tragic)? nah don`t think so, only if FFG starts making booster packs with rare spells and such.

Good gaming

I sure hope they won't go for booster packs. I was only refering to the mechanisms involved: tap (exhaust) a card and put counters on it in order to another from your hand - think about combos (synergy) for your spell deck...

And yes, I was a Magic player, and I loved it. It didn't cost me more to play MTG than to buy everything FFG is puting out for WFRPG...

I GMed a demo for my friends, one of them a veteran CCG player. I did make a mistake during character creation and allowed the players to acquire more action cards (in exchange for not upping their stats with the creation points). And that player built a very weak character, that on the other hand already had some very cool defensive combos.

So I guess we will really see some CCG like combos when characters advance and get more action cards.

Who carres about the Collages of magic when You can learn about the Dark Arts. Yes, Holly Changer Of Ways, I can't wait for this one.

jfmongrain said:

jfmongrain said:

I sure hope they won't go for booster packs. I was only refering to the mechanisms involved: tap (exhaust) a card and put counters on it in order to another from your hand - think about combos (synergy) for your spell deck...

And yes, I was a Magic player, and I loved it. It didn't cost me more to play MTG than to buy everything FFG is puting out for WFRPG...

LOL gran_risa.gif I too was a Magic player, back in days when it was new. I agree that the mechanisms involved is similar, but the great conspiracy will only come true when the dreaded booster packs will manifest. Which I don`t think FFG will make anyway.

And yeah, It sure cost as much as being a a magic collector.

Good gaming