Drones and drone master question

By Darthtator, in Shadow of the Beanstalk

So I have a player who is looking to use groups of minion drones to accomplish their aim. My question can this be accomplished without the use of the drone master talent?

The second question is does a high willpower character get to have minion groups equal to their characters willpower or 2 minion groups equal to their willpower using the droid master talent?

Edited by Darthtator

Check out SotB233, the Drone Operations sidebar. Basically, it normally takes your action an de manoeuvre to operate one drone. The talent lets you operate triceps as many drones as normal.

17 hours ago, Darthtator said:

So I have a player who is looking to use groups of minion drones to accomplish their aim. My question can this be accomplished without the use of the drone master talent?

The second question is does a high willpower character get to have minion groups equal to their characters willpower or 2 minion groups equal to their willpower using the droid master talent?

No, it cannot be accomplished without Drone Master.

He gets two minion groups and each one may contain up to (Willpower) minion drones.

8 hours ago, c__beck said:

Check out SotB233, the Drone Operations sidebar. Basically, it normally takes your action an de manoeuvre to operate one drone. The talent lets you operate triceps as many drones as normal.

Yup. This is expressed in the Core Rulebook, Page 77 in the Animal Companion Talent. It doesn't need to be an animal. It can be whatever would fit in the setting, also specifically mentioning drones and robots.

To clear things up, you can use either the rules on page 233 SotB or the Animal Companion Talent from the core rulebook.

As c_beck said, with those rules you need to give up your action and maneuver to allow the drone to perform an action and a maneuver. The benefit is that due to the Telepresence ability the drone counts as having ranks in any skill equal to the controller's ranks in that skill.

If you use the Animal Companion talent you need to spend a maneuver to have the drone perform an action and a maneuver. Here, the benefit is that you do not have to spend your action and can use it for something else.

Edited by Rogues Rule