Final Adventure of Ember Crown Campaign (Spoilers)

By Alonewolf87, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

For the second time in a row we got to the last confrontation with Coalfang only to be defeated, one time for failing a Last Stand and the second one for being short of just one action to end the campaign before the threat get too high. In the first try we had Aragorn-Pathfinder and Gimli-Guardian, for the second one Elena-Musician and Legolas-Hunter.

In both cases we found our attack potential lacking, especially when fighting Coalfang for the second time where she is basically immune to all attacks modifiers, so you simply have to be able to deal huge amounts of damage as soon as possible.

Are there any tips you can give or would anybody simply be willing to share its experience?

That Ember Crown finale is certainly the hardest adventure from either campaign. The best advice I can give is to keep in mind what's been killing you and what you've been lacking in. Really focus thoroughly on strengthening those weak areas through the entire campaign, all the way up to the final adventure.

9 hours ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

That Ember Crown finale is certainly the hardest adventure from either campaign.

Ok so it was not only my impression or some bad luck, it actually is quite challenging.

9 hours ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

The best advice I can give is to keep in mind what's been killing you and what you've been lacking in. Really focus thoroughly on strengthening those weak areas through the entire campaign, all the way up to the final adventure.

That was the idea behind having Hunter Legolas in the second campaign for massive damage and ranged attacks to avoid the load of damage those Wargs kept piling on. In the end Legolas almost never saw a Strike card in the rally phases of that second try so it kept falling short of making enough damage to finish the enemy quickly. Perhaps we should have bought more of those cards instead of going for the 1 success-12 experience one and relied more on Elena's inspiration.

One thing I want to know from other people who played it. After killing how many decoys did the true Coalfang appear? Cause in the first run it was after the first decoy (and it wrecked us with the increased damage/fear we took) and the second run it was after the third decoy (and this time it come to bite us back in the *** cause we ended up threating out for lack of actions). From what you can presume is it simply random or is there some hint to it?

I go for the one covered in sticks and leaves. It’s been the correct warg two out of two times. That said, for strategy reasons, I’d rather wipe out the other enemies before I actually take the fight to Coalfang.

We played Normal, 4 character campaign (Gimli, Legolas, Beravor, Aragorn). Thought overall, it was too easy. I understand piling up the Lore quickly (compared to Bones) b/c its shorter. But the trinkets/titles came pretty quick, and it seemed like we were at max inspiration the whole time. The last adventure was bit tougher, we did have to do a last stand (Beravor had 8 damage lol). We killed all 3 decoys, then Coalfang showed up. Each time we tried to let her walk away, not sure what effect that had. It was fun story though, we enjoyed it, will try Hard next time.

8 hours ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

That said, for strategy reasons, I’d rather wipe out the other enemies before I actually take the fight to Coalfang.

On that I concur generally speaking, the only problem for us was that the second time by taking the time to kill all the other enemies we weren't able to finish the adventure in time so I was thinking about keeping around some of the smaller enemies to focus on the wargs (totally concur with the whole "kill all the other wargs before going for Coalfang" though).