CAPA Cup (October 26, 2019) Armada Tournament

By Rfrankum, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

The Armada Tournament is back on this year at CAPA Cup 2019. The event will take place on October 26, 2019 starting at 10:00 am at the Holiday Inn (604 Station Road, Grantville, PA 17028). This is fairly close to Hershey Park (hint: family trip with some Armada thrown in for good measure). The event is a standard 400 point tournament using current FFG rules. We had twelve people last year in what was a challenging, yet very friendly, atmosphere. I hope we can double it this year. We should have quite a number of prizes (check out the sponsor list on the website - capacup.net) for participants as well as raffles benefiting the local food bank and various door prizes (one of these prizes was a slip-resistant natural rubber playmat.) The winner of the tournament gets a free bid to CAPA Cup 2020.

CAPA Cup 2019 will also feature tournaments in X-Wing, Legion, Keyforge, Imperial Assault, and Star Wars Customizable Card Game, and Destiny.

For more information about the game schedule, registration, lodging, and general inquiries, go to capacup.net .

Hope to see you there.

604 STATION RD
GRANTVILLE PA 17028
604 STATION RD
GRANTVILLE PA 17028

Are there opportunities to play outside the tournament games too? I'm thinking along the lines of friendly/less competitive games on Sunday to start overcoming the PTSD from the previous day's competitive matches. 😀

There is nothing formally planned outside of the tournament though there should be space available on Sunday for friendly games.

I think the Games Keep crew should be attending.

Currently 7 signed up. I plan on signing up and know of maybe one more.

I am interested in going. I am a new Armada player. I do not expect to do well, but I find getting into tournaments is a great way to learn and get better. Multiple rounds of good solid games with more experienced players is a good way to get better and to have fun.

On 9/15/2019 at 8:21 AM, Diocletian284 said:

I am interested in going. I am a new Armada player. I do not expect to do well, but I find getting into tournaments is a great way to learn and get better. Multiple rounds of good solid games with more experienced players is a good way to get better and to have fun.

The more the merrier. I have found Armada players more then willing to help a new person play/ learn the game.

Just signed up, really looking forward to it. Thanks for putting this on @Rfrankum

Oh man only 2 hours away from me! I am booked up tight tho so next year for sure!

On 10/4/2019 at 6:45 PM, chadbower said:

Just signed up, really looking forward to it. Thanks for putting this on @Rfrankum

Fantastic. We have better numbers this year than last so it should be exciting. Our prize support is also growing. I wish we had applied for a Prime event though one of our stores even the lack of that event in the area.

On 10/8/2019 at 1:41 PM, Andydabeast said:

Oh man only 2 hours away from me! I am booked up tight tho so next year for sure!

No worries. We will see you next year. Bigger and better!!!

Battle report?

Oh wow, my friend went to this for something else and I had no idea it also included Armada!

Next year count me and some other tri-state Admirals in!

Thanks again, guys! Very fun, looking forward to next year!