Custom Box Art Hero - Ocvist the Dragonslayer (with Drakon) [Maze of the Drakon]

By AwesomeTree_in_the_Dark, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

4 hours ago, ComtriS said:

I assume you meant that "you cannot spend fatigue on movement points". You can't spend fatigue to increase your speed anyway.

Yes exactly. I will update Drakon card verbiage to make it more clear, thank you for looking at it 🙂 .

Additional movement restirction (spending fatigue to gain mp) is there to prevent abusing large monster movement with expanding.

I have updated Drakon card verbiage to correctly limit MP gain from items and Fatigue suffering (Additional Movement):

From: "... your speed is limited to 3 and you cannot spend Fatigue or use items to increase it . "
To: "... your speed is limited to 3 and you cannot gain movement points from items or suffering Fatigue . "

Also I modified Ocvist Hero Ability with slight buff:

From: " Each time an attack targeting you misses or deals no Heart, recover 1 Fatigue. "
To: " Each time you are attacked and suffer no Heart, recover 1 Fatigue . "

This simple change allows Ocvist to recover Fatigue when he is just affected and not targeted by the attack (e.g. Fire Breath, Blast). It is matching (both effect and verbiage) with Obsidian Scalemail and with Gaia's Roots of Protection which also protects affected heroes.
Reasoning is simple, it is even more beginners friendly that your ability works each time you are defending yourself. It was weird to explain new players that they do not recover Fatigue when they successfully defended them self against Shadow Dragon Fire Breath.

You can get updated cards images in the first post or grab Print at Home PDF in the BGG topic Maze of the Drakon .

_bg_new.jpg?pub_secret=cf12ed0447

Edited by AwesomeTree_in_the_Dark

In Heroes of Terrinoth Valyndra is described as living among a similar horde of treasures- so maybe Valyndra could play some role in the adventure tied into this as its adversary

Edited by Watercolour Dragon

bossepainter 🔥 🔥 🔥

bossepainter_ocvist.jpg?pub_secret=7cc13
Edited by AwesomeTree_in_the_Dark

Are those repainted?- looks like a new paint job vs your older pic- looking good

7 hours ago, Watercolour Dragon said:

Are those repainted?- looks like a new paint job vs your older pic- looking good

Yeah, brand new painted. Bossepainter have his own copy and Maze of the Drakon cards :)