JUTLAND...a "never made" miniature game of Naval Warfare!

By Kieran Rexer, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

So, where to start?
In the last years I saw a growing quality and playability in miniature games, Star Wars with Armada, X-Wing and Legion its the perfect example, those games are great, they are very enjoyable, and miniatures are fantastic, and this is the reason why I bought all those stuff, starfighters, star destroyers, troopers...but still I cannot play on the table with a list made of...dreadnoughts, cruisers, destroyers....and I mean a list of ships, like HMS Queen Elizabeth, or SMS Derrflinger...real ships that fought during WW I in massive naval battles...and this makes me sad.
I really love Naval History, especially the period from the beginning of the XXth Century to the end of the Great War, in those years, took place the most exciting battles, fought by ships made of steel, with powerful cannons, commanded by brave men...
I Think that a WW I naval miniature game could be very interesting, and I'm pretty sure that it could get many fans all around the globe, I'm member of the World of Warships community, and often I talk about this with other players...and they are thousand!!
If FFG can bring space battles with Mon Calamari Cruisers and Super Destroyers, why not try with real ships?
The mechanics could be similar to Armada and X-Wing, with range dice, maneuvering tools for different ship size, armor thickness, rage detection, flotillas of torpedo boats, mine fields, fogs, smoke, action cards, nationality decks of cards for officers, ability, equipments and renowned ships....and what else?
Oh yes, the ship miniatures!
Small ships are destroyers, medium ship could be light or armored cruisers, and obviously, large ships are battleships and battle cruisers!
During the war, Great Britain, France, Russia and Italy fought togheter agaist Germany and Austria....without forgeting Japan and USA, so many countries, so many class of ships available.....
There's someone asking, implore, for a game like this this with me?

Warlord Games bought the rights to Victory at Sea. They are just about to release the first box set for WWII. If it goes well they will probably do Age of Dreadnoughts too.

Very interesting....