Return of Obi-Wan Confirmed

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

TV show? All we need is an 80 minute movie with Obi Wan that is basically the second half of Josie Wales. Low budget, easy profits.

Ewan McGregor is one of the least controversial things about the prequels. A TV series would spend too much time trying to figure out why and run everything into the ground. Keep it simple, make it fun.

Edited by Whalers on the moon
44 minutes ago, Whalers on the moon said:

TV show? All we need is an 80 minute movie with Obi Wan that is basically the second half of Josie Wales. Low budget, easy profits.

Ewan McGregor is one of the least controversial things about the prequels. A TV series would spend too much time trying to figure out why and run everything into the ground. Keep it simple, make it fun.

If its a TV show its got to be pre-TPM which I guess he'll be CGI'd young? There is no way you could have enough content to have Obi Wan: The Desert Hermit, the series.

Edited by Jo Jo
8 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

If its a TV show its got to be pre-TPM. You couldn't have enough content to have Obi Wan: The Desert Hermit the series.

I actually disagree. He may be a desert hermit, but that’s on a planet in Hutt control, with savage Tusken Raiders, violent gangs, and other hardships. All that while trying to keep an eye on Luke, probably keeping him out of trouble.

Also, if you add in Owen and Baru as primary characters, you have a chance to further define and develop them. Books and deleted scenes paint Owens Lars as a bit of a bad ***. It could be fun to see that on screen. Perhaps even have the relationship between Ben and the Lars start strong, but sour because of events in the show, or Owen finding out what really happened to Anakin.

Now, they do need to be careful (as all prequels need to), but I think there is some interesting possibilities for an Obi-Wan Show.

Edited by SabineKey

You can have him in training with the Priestesses of the Whills, learning to be a Force Ghost... that could run at least one season.

cfu46pbmdpg31.jpg

Confirmed !

Technically, you could even see him interact with a young Luke. Seems like he could easily stay in contact with the Lars' for about eight years, after which he doesn't meet Luke for another ten. Hence Luke's reaction in a New Hope in first seeing him. Hey, I know you... from a long time ago... "Ben?" I'm looking forward!

Edited by Jaden Corr
15 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

If its a TV show its got to be pre-TPM which I guess he'll be CGI'd young? There is no way you could have enough content to have Obi Wan: The Desert Hermit, the series.

Survivorman: Tatooine Edition

Both him and Hayden have barely aged since ROTS. Would love to have some clone Wars flashbacks during the show.

Sam also wants to play mace one more time so that would give him the chance as well.

12 minutes ago, markcsoul said:

Both him and Hayden have barely aged since ROTS. Would love to have some clone Wars flashbacks during the show.

Or better yet, recast Anakin as someone completely different!

Edited by JJ48
23 minutes ago, markcsoul said:

Sam also wants to play mace one more time so that would give him the chance as well.

I’d actually be interested to see Hayden again in the role, with a new director and some better dialogue. See if the different circumstances and time yields a better performance.

13 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

I’d actually be interested to see Hayden again in the role, with a new director and some better dialogue. See if the different circumstances and time yields a better performance.

Have you seen his other work? I think the odds are good that he'd be considerably worse .

I mean, Christopher Lee and Samuel Jackson were both good actors given bad scripts and direction, and you could still see the good acting shine through. Hayden made me actually miss Jake Lloyd.

Just now, JJ48 said:

Have you seen his other work? I think the odds are good that he'd be considerably worse .

I mean, Christopher Lee and Samuel Jackson were both good actors given bad scripts and direction, and you could still see the good acting shine through. Hayden made me actually miss Jake Lloyd.

Perhaps. Still like to see it.

How about casting the actor who voiced Anakin in The Clone Wars? He did a pretty good job with the character, and people are already used to his voice.

31 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

How about casting the actor who voiced Anakin in The Clone Wars? He did a pretty good job with the character, and people are already used to his voice.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0-_Xj_313fBv5wQTT2qk

Matt Lanter. Him voicing the character is a plus. Physically, he doesn’t look super like Hayden, but the broad details are right.

Potentially acceptable.

2 hours ago, SabineKey said:

I’d actually be interested to see Hayden again in the role, with a new director and some better dialogue . See if the different circumstances and time yields a better performance.

This.

A lot of great actors had their talent squandered on ST performances. Hayden might not be one of them, but I'd really love to see McGregor reprise Obi-Wan.

gfkes89iwsg31.jpg

2 hours ago, JJ48 said:

I'm guessing you don't know that he's had at least two films where his acting was critically acclaimed.

4 minutes ago, markcsoul said:

I'm guessing you don't know that he's had at least two films where his acting was critically acclaimed.

Or I do know and feel the critics are wrong.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:37 PM, Jo Jo said:

I actually see some promise there.

The Obi-Wan book wasn't GREAT, by any stretch, but there's some fun potential as a kind of Jundland Wastes Batman, quietly working on the outskirts.

Not the kind of thing that could run ten seasons, or anything, but it could certainly be fun.

22 minutes ago, NotBatman said:

Not the kind of thing that could run ten seasons, or anything,

Sure it could! If each episode tells one day in the life of Obi-wan, and they cover the entire time between his arrival on Tatooine and his departure, they could get...

How old was Luke at the beginning of ANH?

48 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Sure it could! If each episode tells one day in the life of Obi-wan, and they cover the entire time between his arrival on Tatooine and his departure, they could get...

17 or 18 iirc

52 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Older Canon (novel, script) had put him at 18. Newer Canon put him at 19 to be the same age as Leia, his twin.

Leia was the youngest serving Senator on record beating out Mon Mothma and Padmé.

01v9m2l0wug31.jpg

" Old Enemies ” by Marko Manev

0g5fxcyp9ug31.jpg

”We are Keepers of the Peace, not soldiers.”