Attack question

By Dentifrice, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Let's say you have an enemy in your space and another in an adjacent one. You have a long range weapon. Do I need to attack the enemy in my space first or I can attack the one in adjacent directly ? If the latter, do I need to provoke first ?

thanks

I looked into this and could only find relevant information within Provoking Enemies in Reference Rules, Page 21, part 71. There, it only mentions provoking by moving out of a space with one or more enemies or using an interact action while in a space with one ore more enemies. It says nothing about attack actions in the provoke section and the attack action section does not mention provoking. So, therefore you do not need to provoke an enemy in your space to attack an enemy in another space if you can attack them.

Reference Rules

13 minutes ago, Thaeggan said:

I looked into this and could only find relevant information within Provoking Enemies in Reference Rules, Page 21, part 71. There, it only mentions provoking by moving out of a space with one or more enemies or using an interact action while in a space with one ore more enemies. It says nothing about attack actions in the provoke section and the attack action section does not mention provoking. So, therefore you do not need to provoke an enemy in your space to attack an enemy in another space if you can attack them.

Reference Rules

thanks.

But I can attack an adjacent enemy even if I have one in my space ? That's a thing I wasn't sure neither. Do you always need to attack an enemy (and kill it) in your space before attacking one in an adjacent one ?

20 minutes ago, Dentifrice said:

thanks.

But I can attack an adjacent enemy even if I have one in my space ? That's a thing I wasn't sure neither. Do you always need to attack an enemy (and kill it) in your space before attacking one in an adjacent one ?

You can attack an enemy outside of your space without provoking attacks from enemies in your space.

Attacking never provokes.

simple