Typical deck structure

By Supertoe, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

On 8/13/2019 at 1:51 PM, Buhallin said:

Fury can let you get to your very good cards - but he's just as likely to show up in a hand full of already-very-good cards, and what do you do with him then?

Use him as a resource? Having the option to play Nick doesn't mean you have to play him every time you see him.

If there are better cards in your hand, you play those. If not, you play Nick and enjoy his versatility.

12 hours ago, phillos said:

no I was saying the exactly opposite. That's why I told him to reread it.

And I read it correctly the first time, so telling me to reread it was kind of pointless.

16 hours ago, xchan said:

Use him as a resource? Having the option to play Nick doesn't mean you have to play him every time you see him.

If there are better cards in your hand, you play those. If not, you play Nick and enjoy his versatility.

Well, sure - but the point is that having a hand full of otherwise-useless stuff will be rare if your deck is built well. If you have a card that frequently will end up being dumped just for the resource you probably need to strongly consider whether you should include that card at all.

1 hour ago, Buhallin said:

Well, sure - but the point is that having a hand full of otherwise-useless stuff will be rare if your deck is built well. If you have a card that frequently will end up being dumped just for the resource you probably need to strongly consider whether you should include that card at all.

Sure, and when the time comes, he will be dropped, but right now, there are few cards I would consider better than him.

23 hours ago, gokubb said:

Yes, only one aspect per deck. No mixing. Though, I imagine that is a design space they will explore in the future for some hero.

Moon Knight is my pick for a dual aspect hero.

Dual aspect seems overpowered unless there is a way to “cost” the cards, like Influence in other LCGs

I’m not sure how interested I am in the design space of duel aspects... As each hero has a pool of unique cards I feel like this is the area they should be using to stamp that uniqueness on the hero. They can focus those in different ways, but I think if you want to create a mix of styles, it’s about combining an aspect with that hero - sometimes that will cover different bases (like Justice covering Spider-Man’s low Thwart when playing solo), sometimes that will be about focusing on part of that character (She Hulk’s cards give you some options on how to focus her between Fighting and Thwarting) and sometimes I expect that will go even further so you have a focused character who can really double down on what they’re really good at.

I’m just afraid that due to the IP it will not be the intricate game everyone wants it to be.

Marvel games haven’t been the best (Wakanda Forever anyone?)

8 hours ago, cheapmate said:

I’m just afraid that due to the IP it will not be the intricate game everyone wants it to be.

You're making a rather sweeping assumption there. I want it to be an enoyable game out the box, something that can do the "Hey, you want to try this game? Pick a hero and an aspect and we're good to go!" that it seems to be promising. If it also an intricate game, I won't be sad, but it's not what I want from it. For intricate, I have L5R.

2 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

You're making a rather sweeping assumption there. I want it to be an enoyable game out the box, something that can do the "Hey, you want to try this game? Pick a hero and an aspect and we're good to go!" that it seems to be promising. If it also an intricate game, I won't be sad, but it's not what I want from it. For intricate, I have L5R.

Yeah, between L5R and AH, I'm not sure who is clamoring for an intricate FFG LCG.

I think "fun" and "long lasting" are my two biggest requests.

1 hour ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Which was my point, I agree 100%, but when I read certain topics here, I’m afraid certain people are going to be let down

On August 16, 2019 at 3:59 AM, cheapmate said:

I've enjoyed most superhero games I've played, and I find that there's a mixture of different complexity levels.

On 8/16/2019 at 12:33 PM, CitizenKeen said:

Yeah, between L5R and AH, I'm not sure who is clamoring for an intricate FFG LCG.

I think "fun" and "long lasting" are my two biggest requests.

The nice thing will be that you can go back and redo every villain in various modes when new heroes come out, and it’ll only take a few before there are more iterations available than I expect most humans will play.

7 hours ago, Derrault said:

The nice thing will be that you can go back and redo every villain in various modes when new heroes come out, and it’ll only take a few before there are more iterations available than I expect most humans will play.

Even if you just play Spider-Man solo vs Green Goblin you’d already have a fairly daunting number of ways to play without any specific deck building or adding more than 1 module at a time. 4 versions of Spider-Man’s deck vs 2 Goblin Scenarios each with 9 possible models added, and again on expert difficulty... That’s already 144 slightly different games and without even touching half the content...