Possibility of buying selective Cards for Warhammer Invasion?

By getrichordietrying, in Warhammer Invasion Off Topic

Hi there,

i wanted to know if it is possible to buy a selction from cards anywhere aside from buying multiple Coresets or multiple expansion sets?

I have one Core Set and each Expansion of the first Cycle, but me and my friends don't want to buy additional copies, just to have f. e. three "Troll Vomit" Cards.

Since the second Cycle will have 3 copies of each card (BIG THANKS FOR THIS FFG!!!) i want to buy from an alternative source the remaining cards which where only one time or two times in each pack.

Can anybody help me here? Tips? etc.

I would buy them from FFG directly, but they don't sell these cards i wanted seperatly... :-(

since invasion is not a classical ccg, tcg, this could be a problem in the future.

i want some specific cards too, but E**Y auctions show only 2 or 3 auctions worldwide.

and i guess, that opening battlepacks and maybe only sell 2 good cards from it, no game store would risk.

One can never get enough troll vomit.

I have also bought one core set, assault on ulthuan, and one of each of the battlepacks in the first cycle.

For someone like me (read: someone who saves all their boxes), it would be nice if FFG could introduce some kind of loyalty scheme where one could send in boxtops for each item in the first cycle along with an appropriate amount of money and get a pack of cards that allowed one to have a full set of cards, 3 copies each without buying 12 more battlepacks. A nice way to say "thanks for fully supporting the game at its launch".

For all those who are interested, since there seems like there is a demand for it, I've launched a trade board for Warhammer Invasion on my site. Check the link in my sig!

What would be your most wanted cards and how much would be too much for any 1 card?

I know some of the responses are purely just about bringing the card total up to 3 for each card released, but lots of people (myself included) want to build several decks and have several of certain cards available.

I'm trying to work out a price list (from core set only atm) and try to experiment with singles sales, but my fear is only a handful of cards will sell and it'll be a losing proposition on the remaining cards and I won't have broken even. Trying to compile a list of the "must have" cards and then work on pricing those primarily.

Drexlin said:

For all those who are interested, since there seems like there is a demand for it, I've launched a trade board for Warhammer Invasion on my site. Check the link in my sig!

This is a good idea. Besides You can always find new players that play W:I in your FLGS. Maybe someone is collecting only Chaos and Your'e interestet only in Orcs so buy yourself only one battle pack and share the cards. Oh, and I presonaly don't know a store that would not trade with cards. There are many players that would trade cards - especialy when they are gathering only one or two armies. So look and ask in your FLGS. It's really not that hard. :)

PS. Oh, and I don't have such a problem. I've got a collectors soul and I have them all.

PS2. And a big thanks to FFG that the second cyrcle will have 60 cards and 3 copies of each. :)