Obstruction allowing long range shots?

By ovinomanc3r, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

General Romdoi gives a red die due to "natural" obstruction.

How attack sequence works?

1. Gather dice

2. Check obstruction

3. If no die, then cancel

Or

1. Gather dice - if # of dice 0, then cancel

2. Check obstruction - if # of dice 0, then cancel

Cause if 1sr, then an obstructed raider shot could be shot at long range, I guess.

32 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

General Romdoi gives a red die due to "natural" obstruction.

How attack sequence works?

1. Gather dice

2. Check obstruction

3. If no die, then cancel

Or

1. Gather dice - if # of dice 0, then cancel

2. Check obstruction - if # of dice 0, then cancel

Cause if 1sr, then an obstructed raider shot could be shot at long range, I guess.

Romodi is an ADD effect.

What it means is:

Romodi is not going to give you a one die red attack at long range through an obstacle if you don’t have an attack to start with.

Because even if you’re not deleting a die from a 0 die attack, it’s still a 0 die attack, and cancels before you get to add.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:50 AM, Drasnighta said:

Romodi is an ADD effect.

What it means is:

Romodi is not going to give you a one die red attack at long range through an obstacle if you don’t have an attack to start with.

Because even if you’re not deleting a die from a 0 die attack, it’s still a 0 die attack, and cancels before you get to add.

So if Remodi is shooting against an obstructed ship, 2 dice goes to 1 then adds 2 for remodi (ignores the obstruct and adds one), but if it is a 1 dice shot it's obstructed and cancel before remodi can alter it?

Also do you add remodi dice before you roll the original pool or with them?

2 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

So if Remodi is shooting against an obstructed ship, 2 dice goes to 1 then adds 2 for remodi (ignores the obstruct and adds one), but if it is a 1 dice shot it's obstructed and cancel before remodi can alter it?

The attacker does not remove a die. So if a Romodi Gozanti is attacking against an obstructed ship with one blue die, it adds one red die to that attack pool.

12 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

The attacker does not remove a die. So if a Romodi Gozanti is attacking against an obstructed ship with one blue die, it adds one red die to that attack pool.

That's what I thought, cool. Think I got confused by some of the wording above

59 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

That's what I thought, cool. Think I got confused by some of the wording above

Yes, what I was saying Doesn't happen, is:

I have one Blue Die.

The attack is at Long Range, and Obstructed.

"Oh Look, I get to Add a Red Die and make that Shot."

... No, you don't.

You need to have a Shot in the first place. If you would normally lose that shot due to Obstruction, you're still Okay with Romodi. But you still have to have one in the first plac.e

4 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Yes, what I was saying Doesn't happen, is:

I have one Blue Die.

The attack is at Long Range, and Obstructed.

"Oh Look, I get to Add a Red Die and make that Shot."

... No, you don't.

You need to have a Shot in the first place. If you would normally lose that shot due to Obstruction, you're still Okay with Romodi. But you still have to have one in the first plac.e

Which is one more reason why Disposable Capacitors Gozantis aren’t just a power move, but a 200 IQ play. (Recommended with Opening Salvo.)

43 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Which is one more reason why Disposable Capacitors Gozantis aren’t just a power move, but a 200 IQ play. (Recommended with Opening Salvo.)

If only you were allowed more than two. Respect to FFG for ensuring balance already waves ahead. 😛

Edited by RapidReload
On 1/28/2020 at 3:55 PM, RapidReload said:

If only you were allowed more than two. Respect to FFG for ensuring balance already waves ahead. 😛

I’m still kinda surprised nobody ever tried the 12-Gozanti-Assault-Flotilla-Concentrate-Fire Gunline before the “two flotilla” rule. 24 red dice per turn seemed like a winner to me.

...nobody DID try that, right?

44 minutes ago, Cpt ObVus said:

I’m still kinda surprised nobody ever tried the 12-Gozanti-Assault-Flotilla-Concentrate-Fire Gunline before the “two flotilla” rule. 24 red dice per turn seemed like a winner to me.

*Laughs in Cracken*

55 minutes ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Of course stuff like that got tried. As well as Cymoon IF and 8 Gozanti.

7 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Tokra, the current world champ, as famous for 134 points of TIE Bombers and nothing else but Gozanti, for one. I think he ran 8?

Heh. That’s awful.

I’ll admit, however, that I was close to buying about seven more myself, just to see if that might work (and to prove that they were good; some in my group were a little slow to catch on to the power of cheap activations). I remember theory crafting it one day, and two days later the FAQ limited flotillas to two, and saved me $100+.

11 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

The 12 (or 13) Gozanti were in discussion

But it had one really big Problem. Cracken as opponent is an 100% loss. Same with all other kind of obstruct. This list was too easy to counter.
And on testing i found it too hard to move them around. They bumped each other, or were obstructing the attacks themself.

Fun and nice to see, yes. Practical? Not really 😁