How to make a venator hangar

By player4273537, in Terrain Building

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a Venator hangar battle map? I'm relatively new to terrain building, so any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

Walls of any kind similar to a ships hanger would probably just be around the outside of the map. I wouldn't bother modeling those, as they would get in the way more than is worth it. I would try to find a shiny black Material (like Black Plexiglass Acrylic sheets) and tile 1 foot squares to create your floor. White paint to designate some "parking spaces." As for terrain, Try to find ship models in the 1/48th scale. Build a few mechanic's catwalks and platforms for some height. Scatter lots of boxes and mechanical parts around the hanger in place of barricades. Perhaps a parked personnel and cargo transport. Some parked at-rt's folded and ready to load for deployment. A few wires running across the floors for added detail. Some control consoles from that first terrain pack "Priority supplies." That should make for a pretty good Venator Hanger battle map.

Would recommend checking Battlesystems.com they have a card modular hangar. that could be used.

Otherwise there was this (From Salute 2018 tradeshow) but unfortunatelly I don't believe it's been productised (I've asked the company):

salute-2018-sci-fi-151.jpg

I want clear bases now... Any leads on those?

On 8/28/2019 at 7:37 AM, Draycos said:

I want clear bases now... Any leads on those?

LITCO and other acrylics companies make some

If you have a copy of EA Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) play a game or two of Capital Supremecy and you can get a great deal of inspiration as it is based on the CW Era. I love the idea of interior tables.

I have been constructing an interior Death Star/Imperial Base. I was originally building a 3D table for FFG SW Imperial Assault when Legion was announced. I decided to go totally modular (12 inch tiles) so that I could change the design and keep it from becoming routine. I have corridors, control rooms, catwalks and maintenance areas. Using Microsoft Paint I created scaled down wall and light panels that I printed on label sheets and apply to foamboard walls. (Check out my thread under the painting tab and they can be seen with my Boba Fett miniature) When and if a Sequel Era core set becomes available I can easily add some rock-face sections to make a Starkiller Base (AKA Death Star 3).

I plan to construct a Bespin table and EA Star Wars Battlefront 2015 and 2017 have been a huge inspiration. Create a custom single player game using the Death Star or Starkiller Base to get an overall idea also look at the Hero vs Villains map on the Death Star for a good start. If you do not own a copy I believe you can pick one up for around 5 to 10 dollars.

Edited by C3POFETT
On 8/1/2019 at 2:42 AM, player4273537 said:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a Venator hangar battle map?

@player4273537 I actually want to see someone make the interior of a Star Destroyer Command Bridge.

mZyur2l.jpg

From The Empire Strikes Back