Republic At War Rules/OC Conversation

By GhostofNobodyInParticular, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

2 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

agreed 🤖

2 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

I accept your nomination as The Senior Member of the Republic Who Will Take a Week To Decide.

I better go de chip myself... if you know what I mean. These senator types always get power hungry

11 hours ago, Matt3412 said:

oh old hank? he might drink a lot of dark liquid to Grease his old joints but hes no clanker.

@Ling27 You mean little ole me?

Roger rog-

Cough, I mean

That doesn't comput-

Err I mean, I love democracy! I love the republic!

Are you convinced yet?

Also, by now y'all know I'm garbage at strategy games (see the last two for example). Memes though? Especially prequel memes? That I'm good at

Edited by FortyInRed
On 8/1/2019 at 8:51 PM, LTD said:

Hi LTD! Thanks for the ping and to @Matt3412 for pinging too. Sorry I’m out for this game but I like the evolution of it and it looks like something I could play down the line.

Sorry also I’ve been offline for so long. Work/life has been intense as @ebon hawk and @PodRacer can attest. Would love to play mafia again with you guys though please!

Cheers!

On 8/1/2019 at 3:53 PM, The Jabbawookie said:

@Npmartian @Ling27 @LordCola

I'm under the impression you are all Clone Wars fans. Would any of you be interested in joining us?

Potentially. What kind of commitment are we looking at here?

Just now, Npmartian said:

Potentially. What kind of commitment are we looking at here?

You’d be editing a spreadsheet every 48 hours, ideally as part of a coordinated strategy. If you were traveling or otherwise occupied, someone would take the turn for you. There’s definitely a learning curve, though.

3 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

You’d be editing a spreadsheet every 48 hours, ideally as part of a coordinated strategy. If you were traveling or otherwise occupied, someone would take the turn for you. There’s definitely a learning curve, though.

I might be able to, and I would certainly like to. No travel plans, but I'm a student so my schedule gets a bit more crowded soon, but I've been involved in something similar to this before. Would we have a unified forums thread/email/discord/etc. to communicate?

13 minutes ago, Npmartian said:

I might be able to, and I would certainly like to. No travel plans, but I'm a student so my schedule gets a bit more crowded soon, but I've been involved in something similar to this before. Would we have a unified forums thread/email/discord/etc. to communicate?

I believe the plan is to use google docs.

3 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I believe the plan is to use google docs.

I should be able to make it work as long as I'm not Grand Admiral, so I'm in on EDIT:SEPARATISTS. When do we begin?

Edited by Npmartian
1 minute ago, Npmartian said:

I should be able to make it work as long as I'm not Grand Admiral, so I'm in on whatever side I'm needed on. When do we begin?

Not to worry, @LTD is our grand admiral. Welcome to the CIS!

@GhostofNobodyInParticular I’ve our last Seppie.

3 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Welcome to the CIS!

Those clone troopers are about to get absolutely roger rogered

This is Tactical Droid L-27. Ready to initate the assault on the Republic. Command me to serve @LTD ...

@Npmartian - welcome to the game! And as I do not believe we have previously encountered each other, greetings!

I will hopefully have everything ready within the next 12 hours, at which point each of you will receive a PM with your personal spreadsheet and the Google Doc for your team, and the game can begin. In the meantime, I would ask that every player PM me a 200 point starting fleet using your chosen Faction's ships and squadrons listed in the rules on Page 1 of this thread.

11 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

@Npmartian - welcome to the game! And as I do not believe we have previously encountered each other, greetings!

I will hopefully have everything ready within the next 12 hours, at which point each of you will receive a PM with your personal spreadsheet and the Google Doc for your team, and the game can begin. In the meantime, I would ask that every player PM me a 200 point starting fleet using your chosen Faction's ships and squadrons listed in the rules on Page 1 of this thread.

Greetings! I'm more of an X-Wing player these days, so you won't see me much 'round these parts.

@GhostofNobodyInParticular

May we speak as a team before building fleets?

Can team members provide fuel for each other’s ships?

8 minutes ago, LTD said:

@GhostofNobodyInParticular

May we speak as a team before building fleets?

You could , but as I haven't created the Docs yet, if you want to do that you'd either have to wait or do so openly.

8 minutes ago, LTD said:

Can team members provide fuel for each other’s ships?

Yes. It is possible to lend credits between players of the same team.

@GhostofNobodyInParticular Do we get starting clone and droid forces assigned to our fleets, the planets, both, or neither?

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Hey, @The Jabbawookie

Do you understand this code?

ENYPTUOCESRTBMDUGITBOED?

1 hour ago, LTD said:

Hey, @The Jabbawookie

Do you understand this code?

ENYPTUOCESRTBMDUGITBOED?

JMDFDDJEN.

Edited by The Jabbawookie
Less crackable

JORPOOTDTXNFSNNUR:KBLIONASDABMDBNRFVOSKDT. DDJSYPTRQZEMKOTOOTSWJSHUGELDYJMIU.

2 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

@GhostofNobodyInParticular Do we get starting clone and droid forces assigned to our fleets, the planets, both, or neither?

There will be some Ground Forces distributed amongst the planets.

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular

QPGDSRNHEQ.

Question about REPAIR ability on ships - I can understand how it is helpful to have a Repair capacity when you are in orbit of an enemy planet, or in deep space.

Let's say you are over your own planet, have a scarred ship, and a Repair ship in orbit. Can I use the resources of the planet to build something, and use the repair ship (funded by another planet elsewhere) to repair the scarred ship? I assume yes.