Anyone know what this creature is called?

By IamGazrok, in Realms of Terrinoth

It's the mount of Megan Cyndewin , queen of the elves (Latari) forces in RuneWars. But they don't seem to have a name for it anywhere in the lore that I can find. All other such characters name not only the creature, but even the personal name for it, but on this one...nothing. Maybe some other obscure lore somewhere does?

https://www.scabard.com/pbs/campaign/235523/character/317875

I've called it a "Mooseboar" for now...but I'm sure there's something for it somewhere.

Apparently, it's just a moose. From Fantasy Flight Games...

Divide and Conquer

Thus, the conflict begins with two friends thrown into contention. To counter the Daqan’s strong central placement, the Latari divide their forces in twain, with two trays of Archers, two Scions, and one hero on each side. Aliana lends her loyal Leonx cavalry to Maegan’s command, but this proves to be a mistake in the first round as Maegan’s moose panics and accidently runs into the Leonx Riders right out of the gate.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/26/runewars-versus-courageous-contention/

I'm going to call it a Dire Moose, just as it is bigger and more fearsome than an ordinary moose as we know it.

I've seen that before, it's a Sabertooth Moose-Lion

Would fit the bill, but trying to find the official one. So far, only "moose". But then, their elephants are different (Thundertusks), and other such animals, so....

They usually give the name and species of the mounts or at least the species like you say. Slightly lazy design that such info was sometimes omitted (failing to name it renders it being just a 'whatsitcalled' they're riding :) ).

I feel it should have a Latari name like the leonx and yeron, but as it's a big moose (with extra big horns) there's a temptation to call it an enormoose (but not seriously)

Leonx takes its name from leo of lion word origin so you could take a similar approach and give it a species name like alces or something derived from it or another moosey word https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose

Artiodactyla is the bigger group of cloven-hooved mammals and might fit the Latari quite well so maybe spinning off from those there's a name we could invent that would fit. Just moose doesn't seem to cut it for the horns alone!

IamGazrok said "I'm going to call it a Dire Moose, just as it is bigger and more fearsome than an ordinary moose as we know it." But which would win a fight- a dire moose or a dire penguin?

Maybe a mammoose (mammoth moose!)

I'll stop now :)

"Moose" was the only thing in any official text of it. Weird, but OK.

On 8/26/2019 at 3:21 PM, IamGazrok said:

"Moose" was the only thing in any official text of it. Weird, but OK.

Has anyone got the set- some things are named in the set 'lorefluff' but not the news articles. Hoping to own it soon if RWM sets remain available :)

I read the pdf of it...but just calls it a moose.

8 minutes ago, IamGazrok said:

I read the pdf of it...but just calls it a moose.

What do moose eat in Terrinoth- those horns :) Perhaps we should settle for calling it a 'Mennaran Moose'

Edited by Watercolour Dragon