Secondary Weapon Magazine upgrade

By Dngrmonkey1420, in X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum

I was just wondering if an upgrade exists to add more 'ammo' for secondary weapons. Is there some kind of magazine or weapon storage upgrade that would allow you more uses (charges) of secondary weapons?

On 7/25/2019 at 11:58 AM, Dngrmonkey1420 said:

I was just wondering if an upgrade exists to add more 'ammo' for secondary weapons. Is there some kind of magazine or weapon storage upgrade that would allow you more uses (charges) of secondary weapons?

First, this sub-forum is usually used for customer support or other such questions. Ask in the main forum and you are likely to get a quicker response from fellow fans of the game.

In 1st edition, all bombs. mines, missiles and torpedoes had 1 use so they eventually came up with an upgrade that let you get 2 uses out of each you had equipped. For 2.0, they have given each upgrade a number of charges based on what they felt was the ideal number based on things like, game balance, speed of game play, squad point cost, etc. Then they gave some ships the "Reload" action which lets you regain 1 of your spent charge tokens at the cost of gaining a weapons disabled token for that round.

For the time being, most players are content with this as far as the number of times a weapon may be used in a game and so there has not been an upgrade allowing for increased payloads.

I saw your other question regarding the mine tokens. You only get the 1 in the package, so hopefully an enemy will fly over it and detonate it before you need to spend the 2nd charge. If you have a local game store/group where others play, try trading things you don't need/use for an extra token that someone else has. I have like 2-4 of every bomb token and fly bombs like once a year. (If you live in the Mid-Michigan area, message me. I'll give you one.)

Edited by pickirk01