A River Runs through It (Nornholt)

By SavageBob, in Realms of Terrinoth

I know there are some Terrinoth map-lovers who frequent this board, so I was hoping to pick your collective brain. I'm currently running a Terrinoth game with Nornholt as the PCs' home base. With no official map of Nornholt (that I know of), I chose a generic fantasy town map and said it'd do.

So, here's the geographical conundrum. The town map I'm using has a river running east–west through the the city. I originally said the river rose in the hills to the east of Nornholt, ran through the town, then changed course to empty into the Blackwing Swamp to the south. Only now I'm wondering if it would make more sense for this river to turn northward and empty into the river linking Nerekhall to Greyhaven.

What would you do? What's the name of that Nerekhall–Greyhaven river?

Here's the map:

robert-altbauer-karamorkia-by-sapiento-d

Edited by SavageBob

Have you seen my post today on Terrinoth Explorers (Facebook)? I have a localized map that shows the environs of Nornholt . Though you could work it the way you said. I've been calling it the Balor River , as the Sacred Bog of Balor is along it. FYI, you may get confused on my campaign site, as I too used the location of Nornholt as a base, but changed the name of the city to Shadowfall .

I was unaware of that group, but I've now joined. :) I've dubbed it the Cailn River after the barony. How are you envisioning the course of the Balor River in your campaign?

I'm assuming it flows from the Shadow Peaks into the Kingless Coast.

From the Peaks to the fork, I call that branch of it the Shadow River. Korina's Tears is the other branch that flows into it.

Originally, I had called the whole thing Korina's Tears, as that's the only name I had for it.

Did you find my post, with the localized pic?

49 minutes ago, IamGazrok said:

Did you find my post, with the localized pic?

Yes, very helpful. Thanks!