Meishodo : The Book of Names of Power

By Scrivener Spills, in Lore Discussion

I'm playing Meishodo practitioner, and the lack of depth of information about the Names of Power bugs me. The other Shugenja have long detailed lists of fortunes to call on.

So I've started making up Names when using invocations. I thought this might make a fun repository for names. I'm generally making them out of two words in random languages, or altering classical demon names.
Im going to put a chart in the first post that contains just the name and spirit's title, broken out by element. Then in the first comment, I'm going to put them in again, with what invocation I used them for, and an explanation of the name. Please feel free to add your own, and we can build a fun book of names to call on, and or bind into talismans!

EARTH

Carnegippie , Spirit of the wet earth that rises above the flowing waters

Fortaycubin , Spirit of shaped stone

Asmoedayacea , Spirit of the purging clay

Charaxas , Spirit of the cleansing ash

When casting Grip of earth,

once on a person climbing the bank of a river, Carnegippie , Spirit of the wet earth that rises above the flowing waters. (mix of carneggie, for the Bank pun, and Mississippi, the river)

once on a person climbing a stone wall (i know, ive used it on people climbing and not on flat ground. heh) Fortaycubin , spirit of shaped stone . (forte , as in strength or base construction, and cubin for cube)

Casting Jurogin's balm ,

Asmoedayacea , spirit of the purging clay. mix between Asmodeus (a demon name, who is lustful) and Panacea. the connotation being lustful clay that pulls impurities into itself.

Charaxas, spirit of the cleansing ash, mix of charcoal and abraxas (charcoal used as a filter, abraxas a name often used for protection, exists in lots of different mythologies. ) (i used this one for a prepared invocation, painting the words on a silk cloth with wet powdered charcoal, which is largely what ink is anyways.