PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: IC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Jorin points toward the base of the mesa, Small team infiltrates and scales the face of the mesa?

"For that to succeed we would need one big distraction..."

Jorin shrugged, A warship looming a kilometer above their heads would be a pretty big distraction... We can send in the team a couple of hours ahead under the cover of darkness, make their way up the mesa and the ship can begin it's decent at dawn. The droids focus on it, while the infiltration team enters the monastery.

Camouflage shakes his head, not liking the situation one bit. "We've got jetpacks... Send in some shock troops to soften up the LZ, then have the larties swoop in and drop off reinforcements. We can jump from a very high altitude since we'll hit terminal velocity pretty quickly anyway, the only concern from there is really just accuracy. Pinpointing a fall into the courtyard will be difficult, but not impossible. We fall straight down, then light up our jets at the last minute and touch down softly. If we catch them by surprise, we ought to be able to clear a path quickly with minimal casualties, but that's a best case scenario. We'll have to have the gunships already en route, timed to arrive a couple minutes after we do. If we leave them with the mothership, they'll never arrive in time."

Camouflage looks at Jorin, "If you're coming with us on the drop, you'll need some better armor and a bucket. Don't want you passing out in the fall, or you'll be giving the monastery a new paint job."

Jorin looks down at his own armor, Very well Lieutenant, I'll see what the Quartermaster has on hand. he turned to the other Jedi, Masters, this might be our best option with our capabilities. With your permission, I'll collect the necessary gear and troops... Jorin glanced at Camouflage. Three additional squads?

"Depends how many jetpacks we've got, Commander. I'm guessing we'll have enough for maybe two squads, which would be half a platoon. You'll have to check with the quartermaster though."

"Make it so, Jorin," agrees Ker'see before looking at The Duchess. The Nexu was tough and clever but this kind of action was probably beyond her...

"Agreed," said Mireska. "But I'll be coming along, using an anti-grav chute if there's no jetpack suitable for me."

I know that Jorin is very competent - and certainly the men are too - but I feel uneasy about the idea of letting such a young padawan do this without an older Jedi along, particularly under wartime conditions.

Jorin nodded, adding notes to his datapad, when he finished he bowed slightly to the two Masters. I'll see to the requisitions with the Quartermaster,.. Master.

An hour later, Jorn walked along side of a repulsor pallet loaded with jetpacks and extra equipment, a group of clone troopers following behind in a tight formation. Jorin was trying to adjust the fit of a trooper helmet, adjusting the internal padding to fit his slightly smaller head.

When Jorin and his entourage arrived in the massive hanger, Comouflage and Varactyl squad were waiting next to a LAAT/I, their gear laid out on the hanger deck, Camouflage supervising as the men inspected and double checked each others equipment.

Camouflage salutes, and as his men stow the last of their equipment, he says, "We're all ready, commander." As Mireska sweeps into the hangar bay, wrestling with a jetpack, he turns his attention to the general, saluting again. "Ma'am. We're ready to deploy on your order. The other squads have already loaded up into their gunships and we've synched chronos with launch control. The gunships will deploy in sequence with us, so we'd better do our jobs well." He glances around the hangar bay, looking for Ker'see, who has yet to arrive.

Ker'see quickly marches into the room trailed by her Nexu. The two stop beside their compatriots and look around. "It looks like we are all here. We'll support you best we can from the LAAT and join you once there's a safe place to land."

Exiting Hyperspace into the orbit of planet Teth, Chee'Okee checks the Delta-12 Skysprite's readouts to verify she is at the correct location. Her orders from the Jedi Council were to rendevous with a team of Jedi and clones that were about to engage in a rescue operation. The target of such was classified, but Chee'Okee was assured that she would get more information from the Jedi when she arrived.

Opening the encrypted comm channel, the Ayrou Jedi tried in initiate contact. "This is Jedi Master Chee'Okee." Her voice warbled and was slightly annoying for most sentients to listen to, but she tried her best to smooth out her voice during radio calls. After taking a second, she continued, "I have been sent to assist with the package. Please advise landing coordinates."

Edited by SuperWookie
Spelling

"Let's go, then, Team HALO," Mireska said to Jorin, Camouflage, and the other clones who were part of the drop team.

She nodded at Ker'see. "See you downstairs!" she said, and joined the others at the LAAT/i.

"May the force be with you!" called Ker'see after the others. She carefully watched them leave before boarding her own LAAT. Her squad greeted her warmly and she returned the pleasantries. She moved past them and checked in with the pilot.

"No problems, I take it?" asked the Jedi.

"None so far, General," replied the Pilot.

"Good, carry on..."

"No stairs on this one, general..." Camo says as he steps into the gunship.

Jorin ties a bandanna around his head as he steps onto the gunship and retrieves his helmet from one of the new clones. Thank you Private.. He places it on his head and is satisfied with the proper fit, rolling his head and opening a comm channel. [ Comm-check, do you copy Lieutenant?]

"[Copy, commander. You're coming over loud and clear. You ready for this?]"

Jorin closed his eyes, feeling the Force for a moment before opening them again and looking up at Camouflage. [More than before... We will see how ready.]

Camouflage puts a hand on Jorin's shoulder, giving a reassuring squeeze. "[You'll do fine, kid. Just relax on the way down 'til it's time to hit the jets. Then we'll give 'em haran.]"

The gunship purrs as the pilot warms it up, then the troop bay's doors slide shut as he lifts up off the deck and turns towards the planet.

Turning round and looking to her companion's LAAT a jedi starfighter pulls into the docking bay. A familiar Ayrou steps out.

Ker'see jumps down from the vehicle telling The Duchess to stay.

"General Chee'Okee!" calls the sniper. "I didn't know you were joining us on this mission."

Chee'Okee looks around from her cockpit to find the voice calling her. She sees the female Devaronian, Ker'see near a LAAT gunship. Slowly making her way out of the starfighter, Chee'Okee adjusts her gear and walks calmly with her hands behind her back and heads toward the LAAT.

As she gets close enough to respond at a normal conversation level, the Jedi Master responds, "I was not aware either. The Jedi Council only redirected me to join at the last moment it seems. Something about a gentle hand being required?"

The woman's voice was warbled and slightly irritating to listen to, but the Ayrou was used to getting that kind of reaction from others. She could tell the clones were discomforted by her, so she beckoned Ker'see to step away with her in order to continue their conversation.

Mireska was running her own test on her earbud comlink and making sure that it was securely in place. Then she produced a scarf to keep her hair safely contained and a non-regulation crash helmet to go over it.

Thank the Force that I'm not one of those Jedi who're accustomed to long, flowing robes and cassocks. Tunics, trousers, and boots should be good enough, considering that my amulet will keep me at an optimal temperature - and protect me from any potential jetpack burns! Let's see ... knife secured down the one boot, light blaster with ascension gun strapped to the opposite thigh, physician's kit and infrabinoculars strapped firmly across my chest and stomach so as to keep them away from the jetpack, utility belt - including EMP grenade - sitting firmly and not showing any damage when I checked it this morning. And last but definitely not least, one newly constructed lightsabre securely fastened to my forearm sheath today.

["Ker'see, I'm just reminding you that my backpack is travelling on your LAART/i,"] Mireska commed Ker'see. ["I'll pick it up from you when I get the chance. And may the Force be with you all too!"]

And I really hope that no one asks about my helmet. It's kind of embarrassing to admit that it's from a brief love affair with swoop bikes in my late teens!

Now, let's see if I've absorbed everything from that "How to use a jetpack to get to where you want without killing or maiming yourself or anyone else" instruction book ...

"Lieutenant Camouflage, I'll leave it to you to lead the drop. I'll just follow after your squad."

Edited by Bellona
Changed the book title. :)

"Can't think why would we need a gentle hand..." mused Ker'see, walking with the other Jedi. "We are about to leave for this mission so I hope you are ready."

Chee'Okee looked to Ker'see, now confused. "A Jedi is always prepared, if the Force is her ally. What is the mission objective?"