thinkbomb mini paint threat - storm trooper update

By thinkbomb, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

Stormtroopers1b.jpg Stormtrooers1a.jpg

starting off with stormtroopers. relatively new to this whole painting thing.

I tried gloss-white paint on the troopers with black details and apothecary-white-contrast for shading.
shine and finish turned out good, but I kinda think the gloss-paint was too thick and lost some of the details. live-and-learn. At least I'm doing this in deployment groups, that way I can have each set use improved techniques without it looking too jank.

Sorastro's tutorials is what helped me take the leap into painting. his tutorial on stormtroopers is great

Edited by Spidey NZ
On 7/22/2019 at 4:50 PM, Spidey NZ said:

Sorastro's tutorials is what helped me take the leap into painting. his tutorial on stormtroopers is great

I'm going to follow this guide for the next set. I've been picking up a lot of tips/tricks from his videos.

I did want one of my deployment groups to have more of a "parade dress" feel to them, like the ones you'd see on a Star Destroyer ... hence this first batch. When I tackle the more dirty look that Sorastro has I'll probably pair it with some forest ground basing.

4 minutes ago, thinkbomb said:

I'm going to follow this guide for the next set. I've been picking up a lot of tips/tricks from his videos.

I did want one of my deployment groups to have more of a "parade dress" feel to them, like the ones you'd see on a Star Destroyer ... hence this first batch. When I tackle the more dirty look that Sorastro has I'll probably pair it with some forest ground basing.

I felt similarly. I followed Sorastro's videos (fist things I ever painted!) but I generally left out the battle damage and weathering. Yes, it's probably more realistic, but I just love seeing my stormtroopers in that nice, shiny, white :)

4 hours ago, ManateeX said:

but I just love seeing my stormtroopers in that nice, shiny, white :)

Thats how i like to keep my suit also

XD such a good little boy that ATAT