LISTEN/WATCH:
+ Podbean: http://forgegenesys.podbean.com/
+ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/forgegenesys
+ Google: http://shorturl.at/DR023
+ RSS: https://feed.podbean.com/forgegenesys/feed.xml

SUPPORT:
+ Patreon: http://patreon.com/forgegenesys

REVIEW:
iTunes (US) | iTunes (UK) | iTunes (Australia) | iTunes (Canada) | iTunes (Ireland) | iTunes (Germany) | iTunes (NZ)

Don't forget to drop us a review on Facebook, iTunes, YouTube or send us an e-mail.

The Forge: A Genesys RPG Podcast is a proud member of the d20 Radio Network. For more information about the network visit www.d20radio.com .

Edited by GM Hooly

Just listened to your 'Teaser'. I'm really looking forward to Thursday. Welcome back.

Hoping y'all can distribute through other podcasting platforms. I use Overcast, as I know many others do. :)

14 minutes ago, SavageBob said:

Hoping y'all can distribute through other podcasting platforms. I use Overcast, as I know many others do. :)

It usually takes a week or so for the other platforms to complete their handwavium to get it in their feed.

I will be attempting to get across as many platforms as I can.

if I have missed your favourite podcatcher, send me an email to [email protected]

EPISODE 0 - The Forge Teaser

Hello Gamer Nation and welcome to The Forge, a Genesys RPG Podcast covering everything that YOU need to know about the latest and greatest from Fantasy Flight Games’ Genesys Role Playing Game.

So what's this podcast about? Unfortunately, we are sworn to secrecy. What we can tell you is that we’ll be covering everything about the Genesys RPG including games and rules questions, dedicated show topics, analysis of skills and talents, and interviews with developers and freelancers. Any more than that is going to have to wait until launch date which in 1st August 2019.

We think you’re going to love our first episode.

So tell your friends about the Podcast and subscribe via Podbean at http://forgegenesys.podbean.com .

Want to contact us? Send us an e-mail to [email protected]

9 hours ago, SavageBob said:

Overcast automatically picks up iTunes feeds, so once that's good to go (still waiting on verification) it should appear on that platform.

Well, well, well, @GM Hooly , you sneaky fellow. One might think you have an inside source at FFG.

Really looking forward to your new show, and I have been hoping for a portal for fan-created content since the launch of the system. I hope it inspires the existing creators in the community and excites new converts. When you look around at the RPGs that are most successful and widely played, encouraging independent content creation is without question one of the strongest drivers of community engagement.

Break a leg!

24 minutes ago, O the Owl said:

Well, well, well, @GM Hooly , you sneaky fellow. One might think you have an inside source at FFG.

I was involved in the initial launch material due to my Freelance status with FFG. Unfortunately things didn't go to plan in that space for me (no I won't be talking about that) and so I thought the Podcast focusing on The Foundry was a happy middle ground where I could still contribute, promote Genesys as I always have on The Dice Pool Podcast, and promote the developers (new and existing) who are contributing works to The Foundry.

Our intent is to have an awards show around this time next year, but that's still in the planning stage.

Our first show launches at 7.00am EST on the 1st August, 2019. We will release one episode a month, and potentially every two weeks if there is interest.

I am very proud of this project. Its definitely not The Dice Pool Podcast 2.0, but there are certainly elements of that show as that was where I got my foundation in the podcasting realm.

41 minutes ago, O the Owl said:

Really looking forward to your new show, and I have been hoping for a portal for fan-created content since the launch of the system. I hope it inspires the existing creators in the community and excites new converts. When you look around at the RPGs that are most successful and widely played, encouraging independent content creation is without question one of the strongest drivers of community engagement.

Break a leg!

Thank you! Let us know what you think :)

(Im)patiently waiting on iTunes to give you their thumbs up....

Great episode. Ian and Chris have a good chemistry, the interviews were interesting and informative, the show was nicely edited. All the segments are great. I look forward to the next one.

Very good new show congratulations to both hosts. Looking forward to hearing more. Show segments was well put together. Really like the focus on world building and content creation.

This is a very very cool podcast and the first episode was amazing.

EPISODE 1 - Welcome to the Forge

The Genesys Role Playing by Fantasy Flight Games is a template for creating any setting you can imagine. The Genesys Foundry is an expansion of that. It allows creators of original content to produce Genesys compatible products which they can sell in a community marketplace. We here at The Forge: A Genesys RPG Podcast are your key to the Foundry. We'll help you to navigate what's on offer by showing you the great and the "must haves".

In this episode we introduce you to the Genesys RPG with an overview of what the game is all about with the help of the RPG Manager for Fantasy Flight Games, Sam Gregor-Stewart. Mix this with some game mechanic analysis, an interview with professional freelancer Keith Kappel and answering some of our community's questions, and you are in for one amazing show.

So join your hosts GM Hooly (The Dice Pool Podcast) and GM Chris (Order 66 Podcast) for the inaugural episode of The Forge: A Genesys RPG Podcast.

Edited by GM Hooly

EPISODE 2 - It’s Narrative Dice Baby!

With so much Genesys RPG goodness happening right now after the exciting Gen Con release of Foundry, we’ve decided to bring you a brand new episode. And on such an occasion, we had to invite even more special guests to the show.

This episode we welcome Tim Hucklebery, RPG Developer for Fantasy Flight Games where we talk about the Foundry Content Agreement, what makes great content for the Foundry, and some great wisdom dropping from a RPG Veteran. But that's not all! We also welcome two of the team behind Studio 404 Games, the producers of the Starcana setting - Kimber Bowen and Phil Maiewski. Plus there's our usual shinnanigans such as answering your games and rules questions in Under the Hammer, and covering off on a popular talent in Die Casting.

So join your hosts GM Hooly and GM Chris, and grab those Narrative Dice baby! Its time for The Forge!

Edited by GM Hooly

EPISODE 3 - Testing Your Metal

This episode we welcome first time podcast guest and RPG Developer Alexis Dykema to help us tackle a most important topic for anyone submitting their products to the Genesys Foundry, and that's Playtesting. We dive deep into this topic to pick Alexis' brain on the best ways to handle this process to make your products the best.

We also talk with Darren West about his Terrinoth Adventure Haedra's Shard (Part 1), engage in a lengthy discussion on the use of the Knowledge skill in your settings, and tackle two listener questions with a ton of relevant information for the discerning developer.

So come and join your hosts GM Hooly and GM Chris as they test your mettle (or is that metal) in the development of your settings for the Genesys Foundry in this massive episode of The Forge!

Running Time: 2hrs 59min

Thank you!

EPISODE 4 - Always on the Mooove

This episode we begin a new irregular series focusing on building archetypes for your settings. For our first installment, we are heading for the chopper, with two snakes heads...like this [ok, so we know visual gags don't really work]. So if you love the brutish and the mean, the big and the nasty, then look no further than developing your BRAWN based archetypes and species with us on the podcast - we even build one live on the show!

We also get to talk talent groups in Die Casting - creating 2 Talents in the process - and sit down to speak with Chris Hunt about the Power of the Vril. To finishing it off, we showcase the latest releases from the Genesys Foundry and answer a couple of rules questions.

So if you want to "move it, move it", come and join your hosts GM Hooly and GM Chris as they get to MOVE IT! in a bumper 3 hour episode of The Forge!

Edited by GM Hooly

EPISODE 5 - Harvesting Adventure

On this episode of The Forge: A Genesys RPG Podcast, we'll take you through the steps of creating Adventure Seeds for your next campaign or product with the help of an esteem expert, a man with over 30 FFG products behind him, the much loved Mr Sterling Hershey, as we welcome him to the show. We also open the creaking door and journey into the world of things that go bump in the night in a discussion with Scott Zumwalt, developer of the Something Strange Genesys RPG Setting. In Die Casting we take a long look at the ever mocked skill of Resillience, and also take the time to answer your games and rules questions.

So join your hosts GM Hooly and GM Chris for another bumper 3+ hour episode of The Forge!

EPISODE 6 - Laying It All Out

With an ever-increasing library of products available on the Foundry, have you ever stopped to consider what you're looking at? Not the words on the page, but the visuals. The art, the paragraphs, the backgrounds, and the appearance of the document? If you have, and it fascinates you, then have we got a show for you, as we get to discuss the ins and outs of layout with the ever-amazing Katrina Ostrander.

Plus, we take a dive into the talent ‘One With Nature’ and how you can use it as a template for other strain recovering talents - and yes we build some on the show. We also talk to John Dunn about his Anthrochimerics offering for the Genesys Foundry, and answer some of your games and rules questions. So, buckle up listeners, as GM Hooly and GM Chris take you for another long ride (or is that drive), into The Forge.

EPISODE 7 - The Wise and the Wilful

In this week's episode we continue our series examining the various Archetypes in the Genesys Role Playing Game, this time with a focus on Willpower. Whether it be the wise, the quick, or the downright scary, GMs Chris and Hooly step you through the creation process by delving into the ways and means of the Willpower based characters. They even break down the math on two of their own creations, the God Touched and the Treant Sapling, with an in-depth discussion on their builds.

We also talk to the amazing Sterling Hershey about his Shadow of the Beanstalk mini-campaign, Power Play. Additionally we unpack the Discipline skill in Die Casting, and answer several of your games and rules questions in Under the Hammer. As a bonus, we make a special announcement about Gamer Nation Con 2020.

EPISODE 8 - De-mystifying the Mystical (Part 1)

The topic that is at the top of our most asked about list is magic. The how’s, the why’s, and the why-nots. We here at the podcast have heard the call, and this episode, we set about starting our response to your questions by breaking down magic into its simplest forms. From explaining the best way to inform new players how magic works, to creating new spell actions, and everything in between.

Not to be outdone, on Die Casting we answer a burning question about the Basic Military Training talent and how to make your own talents using this as a template. In Breaking the Mould, we speak with the author of the Inquisition setting, Guillaume Tardif, about the setting and how it all works. And we also make some time to answer a couple of listener questions about running the net and creating a mage-punk setting. So, have your spell book at the ready, as GM Hooly and GM Chris de-mystify the mystical on The Forge.

EPISODE 9 -Cunning Conundrums

This week we continue our series on Archetypes with a look at the clever, the observant, and perhaps conniving as we make a Perception check to find those species with a high Cunning attribute. We even create a couple of unusual archetypes that still fit this archetype concept. In Die Casting we look at two commonly mistaken skills - Athletics and Coordination.

We chat with Christopher Ruthenbeck about his Archetypal Species supplement and answer several listener questions in Under the Hammer. Additionally, we make a special announcement about the Podcast that you are going to want to hear. So, dust off your elven cloaks, break out your survival gear, and ready your shadow suit as GM Hooly and GM Chris examine a cunning conundrum on The Forge.

The Forge: A Genesys RPG Podcast is happy to announce the launch of our Patreon.

You can find more at www.patreon.com/forgegenesys including information about our goals, the 4 tier levels currently available, and some of our plans for the podcast.

We would be honored to have your support.