RPG Published adventures order

By Nheko, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

It is possible to play the published adventures in order without too much adaptation?

If so what order you suggest?

Sort of. There will always need to be a certain amount of Game Moderator adaptation, though the first few FFG has done a good job of connecting together saving the DM/GM some of that trouble.

Here is the most obvious order in terms of power progression if not chronologically:
Topaz Champion(Beginner Set)
In the Palace of the Emerald Champion (Download)
A Ronin's Path (Beta rule book Download, P.207-221)
Dark Tides (Game Master's Screen)
Sins of Regret
Knotted Tails (Download, concurrent with Oni's Mask)
Mask of the Oni
The Highwayman (Download, 2019 GenCon Adventure)
Wedding at Kyotie Castle(Download, 2018 GenCon Adventure)
The Scroll or the Blade(Download, concurrent with Winter's Embrace)
Winter's Embrace

The concurrent adventures which are downloaded means they should occur within the events in the listed adventure, though they could conceivably stand alone with GM/DM modifications. Chronologically, Winter's Embrace occurs BEFORE Topaz Championship. But since that adventure is a higher power level, it would make more sense of the events to occur after doing all of the other adventures. Depending on the next set of published adventures, it may make sense to push it back further if you chose to run the sequence with a new group of players and/or characters.

Edited by neilcell
Updated adventure module list

Thank you very much neilcell.

And if you can get hold of the Beta-test file, there's an adventure called "A Ronin's Path" in it that is aimed at higher level PCs.

Hey thanks Karasu!

8 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

And if you can get hold of the Beta-test file, there's an adventure called "A Ronin's Path" in it that is aimed at higher level PCs.

If you have a link, I would love to read that adventure and add it to my collection.

The core rulebook has no adventure in it.

The beta contains a (so far unique) adventure, A Ronin's Path . Which, ironically, results in the battle you see depicted in the artwork at the start of the Mass Battles section (page 275 & page 276)

Which is probably one of the reasons FFG haven't pulled it now the 'proper' product is out.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:45 PM, Magnus Grendel said:

The core rulebook has no adventure in it.

The beta contains a (so far unique) adventure, A Ronin's Path . Which, ironically, results in the battle you see depicted in the artwork at the start of the Mass Battles section (page 275 & page 276)

Which is probably one of the reasons FFG haven't pulled it now the 'proper' product is out.

Thank you.
Seems it is an amalgam of the beginner DLC adventure, dark tides and mask of the oni.

Edited by RusakRakesh

It's actually the only pre-written one at the moment with a mass battle in it, I think.

Bumping this thread. Maybe it might be wise to have it pinned for easy reference. An update needs to be added every time a new adventure module comes out. I have not updated my list above because I wanted to wait for more feedback from others.

Edit: I threw caution to the wind and added the missing adventures to the list based on challenge rating rather than chronological order.

Edited by neilcell