Gilbert AZ, RPQ Tournament 4/0

By Rogue Dakotan, in Battle Reports

I don't have a full write up or video (if I have time I might try to throw a video together) but for now here's some tweets and my list...

Luke Force Push, Emergency Stims

Sabine Recon Intel, Emergency Stims, Darksaber

2xRebel Troopers Z-6 Trooper, 2-1B Medical Droid

2xRebel Troopers Z-6 Trooper

Fleet Troopers Scatter Gun Trooper, Rebel Officer, Recon Intel

2xRebel Commandos (Strike Team) DH-447 Sniper

I was on the fence about even going to this tournament. I had to wake up at 6am, drive two hours, play four rounds, and then drive back, getting home at like 11PM. didn't sound appealing. Plus I don't consider myself a competitive player. I don't like to get "sweaty" over these games. I just wanna have fun Star Wars on the table. But I went and I won somehow. 😐

All of the games were very close except for the last one. Managed to wipe out sabine with my fleet troopers and it kinda steam rolled from there.

Other big thing was in one game I sort of mis-played Luke by putting him out there too much, but he rolled like a god and lived through the whole round. got shot by 7 units (including Boba, Bossk, and Veers) and only took 2 damage.

Next round played Sos vs Whipcord. I won the roll off. Went with Luke and rolled 5/7 successes on his rally roll for two actions. Wiped a squad of stormtroopers and then it took another 7 shots to take Luke down due to amazing dice.

Later he just needed to kill sabine to win on the points tie but Sabine was also rolling crazy good. It was a tie on VP but Luke was the only unit he killed so I won on the tie breaker.

My other thoughts: I love doctor droids. They're so good. Officer upgrade on Fleet troopers was a huge help.

Congrats, I think Boba, Bossk and Veers is a bit crowded with command cards, do you remember which ones he took, I would have thought Bossk and Boba would have been a great opportunity to take a generic imperial officer.

How did you use Sabine and Luke, did you use one to flank and to support in the middle?