my first game

By dwraley, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Last night, Inquisitor Globus Vaarak handed a new cell of acolytes their first mission, informing them that how they handle the mission will influence what sort of missions they recieve in the future. The Moritat Assassion had not yet arrived to join them (That player had a sudden conflict pop up at the very last minute), but the mission Vaarak had in mind was time sensitive. They investigated the disappearance of a novice from a temple called the light of the golden throne, but minor details from their investigation lead the players to suspect heresy among the worthies in House Ulthar, a noble house with trade interests across the Calixis Sector. Their investigation lead them to a merchant magnate who tried to hide his allegiance to the dark powers from the players but gave himself away when he mispoke (I botched a blather roll with a 100).

The players began to interrogate the merchant in his counting house when a kill team arrived to liquidate the incovenient merchant. Several lucky rolls allowed the kill team to splatter the merchant's ogryn servant, whom the players had talked into assissting them, but Hack, the party psyker, made clever use of weapon jinx and spasm to make the fight go against the kill team soon after the death of Dak the Ogyn. Three out of four kill team members met a mess end while the fourth kill team member got knocked unconcious by the flying corpse of his team leader (The corpse got sent flying by an 10+ impact critical to the body).

When the local authorities arrived, Praetia ,the arbitrator on the team, pulled her credentials to claim jurisdiction over the merchant and the fourth member of the kill team. She requested that the local authorities "make them uncofortable till I return to question them". They left the merchant's counting house to pursue another lead, a matter they will have to take up Saturday night.

It's always the Ogryn that dies first in these movies. Dak, your valiant sacrifice will not go unnoted!

I sense the Ogryn is being put down by the man!

Sounds like a good opening session, hopefully things flowed well and you were able to keep everyone involved and interested throughout.

Everyone seemed to have a great deal of fun. Saturday night's game got canceled due to unforseen circumstances, but everyone that played Friday night seems eager to play another game soon. Things always get hectic around the holidays, but we'll get another chance to play sometime soon.

Even if the players manage to dust off House Ulthar in short order, they'll find the mystery goes deeper than heresy amongst the members of a noble house.