Finally Completed...

By Alonewolf87, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

After two years of scavenging the Internet and the physical stores my LOTR LCG collection is finally complete, I now possess all the Deluxe Expansions and all the Adventure Packs, all the Saga Expansions, all the Nightmare Quests and all the Print on Demand. I must say this is a moment of great personal satisfaction and I am amazed that after all this time my enthusiasm for this game has not waned in the slightest. I will not wait eagerly for the new cycle while finishing playing the PODs I was missing.

I have also a some supplemental materials (almost all the Player Mats, a few promo hero cards) and I still don't own (and I don't think I ever will) the Limited Collector's Edition, but I think this is a great achievment for me and my limited resources so I will go and enjoy a few games to celebrate (**** you Attack on Dol Guldur I will beat you this time...).

Congrats! It would be a nice feeling to know that you can go to Rings DB and build just about every deck registered.

55 minutes ago, Pericles said:

just about every deck registered.

I still have to get the 3rd Core Set actually.... 😢

I still miss several nightmare decks. Really difficult to find here in italy...

I don't have any nightmare decks yet, still enough other quests to play.

2 hours ago, Halberto said:

I still miss several nightmare decks. Really difficult to find here in italy...

I ended up getting them in America actually. Anyway if you are interested I find myself with two copies of The Druadan Forest Nightmare. If you are interested in one we can perhaps have an exchange. PM for details.

Congrats, nothing better than knowing that you are up to speed with the current releases. Quite the challenge getting all the Nightmare packs and PODs as well. Those are pretty hard to find here in Europe. Completing the collection with all alt arts and playmats is going to be a big challenge, but fortunately, it is optional.

Nice! I'm relatively new to this game, so I have a very hard time finding some adventure packs and saga expansions. Do you have any suggestions for webshops where I can find most of the adventure packs and expansions? I already found another thread for UK-stores, but I still haven't found some of the packs/expansions :(

Many thanks for the help!

6 hours ago, JacobSerruys said:

Nice! I'm relatively new to this game, so I have a very hard time finding some adventure packs and saga expansions. Do you have any suggestions for webshops where I can find most of the adventure packs and expansions? I already found another thread for UK-stores, but I still haven't found some of the packs/expansions :(

Many thanks for the help!

I ended up buying a huge lot from here while taking advantage of a friend living in the USA.

Congratulations!

It is quite easier from now because you only have to buy a new product when it is available, and there is no sold out when a product is just released ^^. It could be still complicated to get the POD (including nightmare) but there is always an opportunity to have them at some point

On 7/11/2019 at 11:15 AM, Alonewolf87 said:

I still don't own (and I don't think I ever will) the Limited Collector's Edition, but I think this is a great achievment for me and my limited resources so I will go and enjoy a few games to celebrate (**** you Attack on Dol Guldur I will beat you this time...).

I waited a long time before deciding to get the limited edition. It really is not worth the price, but if you're a completionist, you may want to consider getting it. The large art is nice, and you do get a handful of quests unique to the set. If you don't have your three core sets yet, then it will have higher value for you.

7 hours ago, urloony said:

I waited a long time before deciding to get the limited edition. It really is not worth the price, but if you're a completionist, you may want to consider getting it. The large art is nice, and you do get a handful of quests unique to the set. If you don't have your three core sets yet, then it will have higher value for you.

You make a valid point, but my main problem is that I will also having to pay the sizable shipping costs to Europe, so it's even more of an investment for me...

Congratulations! My family just finished purchasing all the Deluxe expansions, Saga expansions and regular adventure packs so I know how you feel. Not sure if we're going to do the Nightmare quests or not but we definitely want a couple of the print on demands. We definitely want Fog on the Barrow-downs and The Old Forest for the campaign.

What's your favorite quest so far?

7 hours ago, alcuin18 said:

What's your favorite quest so far?

If we consider also the Saga I would say Journey in the Dark, Helm's Deep and The Battle of Pelennor Fields, otherwise The City of Corsairs, The Ruins of Belegost, Mount Gundabad, The Stone of Erech, The Crossings of Poros, Journey Up the Anduin, The Battle of Lake-Town and Danger in Dorwinion all were quite intriguing

Edited by Alonewolf87

Congrats on finishing your set. I "finished" my set this year as well. I don't have any nightmare, and only the Saga/Laketown POD's, but to me that is finished. I found this card game around 2013 randomly searching for information on the older 1990s MECCG card set (I think I may have also saw a Core set at Barnes & Noble). At first I started with the Core, Hobbit and LotR Saga sets (that were available at the time), but once I found ringsDB I realized there were a ton of cards I needed to make any of the decks listed on the site. So over the last few years (2017 - 2019), I was constantly buying sets off Amazon and eBay when I could get them for under retail. I found a local shop or two that tried carrying some of the early sets, but all the local shops in my area (Northern Nevada) either closed down in the last 5 years or just don't carry LotR LCG. Now I am driving myself nuts waiting for the pre-orders of the current set to ship.

Congratulations! I am waiting for one order to come in from my FLGS and then my collection will also be complete. Well, minus the nightmare packs and a couple missed fellowship adventures but all the deluxe, saga and adventure packs.

EDIT: My FLGS surprised me tonight and now the collection is complete!

Edited by TheSpitfired

I personally skipped the nightmare packs, I always felt the game was tough enough. I might start collecting them in the future, but I did manage to finish the Saga Expansions recently and I'm just a couple of decks short of a complete Saga set myself.

I don't know how satisfying it is, sometimes I look at my collection just imagine a pile of money on fire. Suffice to say I love the game and I expect I will continue to get enjoyment out of it as I have for years, but man... did I blow some cash on this little hobby of mine!

welcome to the club..!! abcd.thumb.jpg.9bb8a4bc0efd2520925a8c972ec3b65f.jpg

Edited by aliprandifabio

Very nice!!! Some of the boxes look like a foreign language and some look english. Does that mean you have mixed language cards? That would probably drive me nuts.

A few of my Mirkwood packs must have been original and didn't have encounter set numbers. When I got the rest of the Mirkwood packs that I was missing and noticed they had encounter set numbers, I decided to replace the old packs with new packs that had encounter set numbers. Also, I bought 2 core set boxes and then purchased a set of all the 1 count cards off eBay, saving me a little bit of money. So I only have 4 threat dials and 2x times all the tokens (instead of 3x times).

6 hours ago, bdavis969 said:

Very nice!!! Some of the boxes look like a foreign language and some look english. Does that mean you have mixed language cards? That would probably drive me nuts.

A few of my Mirkwood packs must have been original and didn't have encounter set numbers. When I got the rest of the Mirkwood packs that I was missing and noticed they had encounter set numbers, I decided to replace the old packs with new packs that had encounter set numbers. Also, I bought 2 core set boxes and then purchased a set of all the 1 count cards off eBay, saving me a little bit of money. So I only have 4 threat dials and 2x times all the tokens (instead of 3x times).

Hi mate!

I'm italian...About mixed languages, the italian "Giochi Uniti" (who had the license) lost the LOTR licence after Grey Havens expansions....My only way out was buying packages on english languages....I would have spent too much to change all the rest eheheheh

2 hours ago, aliprandifabio said:

I'm italian...About mixed languages, the italian "Giochi Uniti" (who had the license) lost the LOTR licence after Grey Havens expansions....My only way out was buying packages on english languages....I would have spent too much to change all the rest eheheheh

I am also from Italy so I understand your pain...but there are now rumors that Asmodee Italia might be picking up again the game. Too late for us (I also finished my collection with the English cards), but it would still be nice to have new Italian players drawn in the game.

12 minutes ago, Alonewolf87 said:

I am also from Italy so I understand your pain...but there are now rumors that Asmodee Italia might be picking up again the game. Too late for us (I also finished my collection with the English cards), but it would still be nice to have new Italian players drawn in the game.

I know...Asmodee Italia announced the "Licence" on July 2019.

Now, 11-19-2019, it was only done the "reprint" of base set with updated rules....4 months...

I don't think they'll translate all other Expansions/Ap's/Pod/Sagas. In addition, depends on the translation, because there were some mistakes in previous translated expansions 😁 😁

28 minutes ago, aliprandifabio said:

I don't think they'll translate all other Expansions/Ap's/Pod/Sagas.

I heard differently, but let's see.

29 minutes ago, aliprandifabio said:

In addition, depends on the translation, because there were some mistakes in previous translated expansions 😁 😁

Yeah that too (one of the worst for me was when they translated a location from The Lost Realm with a name, then referenced it by another name in one of the AP of Angmar Awakened)