Larger cards

By sabrjay, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

I like this game, but I've said this about every FFG game, the small cards are a really bad idea. I know I'm not alone on this. For people like me with large hands (I need custom made gloves) and dealing with these small cards is difficult, at best. I really wish they would make them standard playing card size. This would also allow for larger print, which would be nice since at my age I now need cheaters to be able to read anything and tiny print is very difficult.

I really wish FFG would consider using larger cards.

We can hope that either They make bigger cards for print on demand. Not very likely... or some gamer makes fan made cards that can be printed in artscow or different printing company... that is possible, but there Are Copyright laws that most likely prevent that. Or at least They must to have different art than original cards.

i am old fellow, so I really would like to see bigger cards with larger fonts, but I am not keeping my hopes high.

don't forget there is a cost difference and weight difference associated with cards twice the size...

On 7/9/2019 at 2:22 PM, sabrjay said:

I like this game, but I've said this about every FFG game, the small cards are a really bad idea. I know I'm not alone on this. For people like me with large hands (I need custom made gloves) and dealing with these small cards is difficult, at best. I really wish they would make them standard playing card size. This would also allow for larger print, which would be nice since at my age I now need cheaters to be able to read anything and tiny print is very difficult.

I really wish FFG would consider using larger cards.

Agree 100% The tiny cards are a real pain to read. Add to that their use of little squiggles to represent stats and it gets even more difficult. Ran into this in Runewars the Miniature Game also.

I have a friend who scanned all his tiny cards in imperial assault and reprinted them larger. It was a pain but it seemed to work

Wow! I’m afraid I’m just way too lazy for that ;)

I bought some glasses. For now it seems to work too.

I wouldn't mind larger cards, but I have to admit that the smaller cards fit well in the relatively small area that I've been playing in. To be honest, I've liked the smaller cards better than I thought I would.