New Character Idea

By Spidey NZ, in Imperial Assault Campaign

My Brother in law, is been on an imperial assault binge and is trying out making his own missions and characters, i said i will post his character to the forums for some feedback. it is a supply crate control character with a companion. any feedback would be great.

Imperial Assault Character

Kreek

Jawa Scavenger

Health 10, Speed 4, endurance 5

White Defence dice

Tech YGB, Insight YG, Strength BB

Loot Box:

Action: When you open a crate draw two supply cards. - l ose when wounded

Finders keepers:

At the start of the mission draw three supply cards choose one and shuffle the rest back into the deck.

Droid Partner:

2 strain: Use during or immediately before your activation if BD15 is not in play, to put BD15 into play in an adjacent space. BD15 activates at the start or end of your activation.

BD15 (Droid Companion)

5 health, Speed 4 (Mobile)

Surge: 1 damage, Surge: stun.

Yellow attack die

White defence dice

BD15 can interact with crates

Magnetic clamp: Action- When BD15 interacts with a crate, place the crate under BD15's token. When BD15 moves, the crate moves also. BD15 speed -1 while on a crate

XP Cards

1XP

Full Pockets:

1 strain: When you Use “Loot Box” you may draw one card from the discard pile instead.

Exhaust: move a crate within 2 spaces adjacent to your hero

1XP

Crate Cover:

Exhaust: if you are adjacent to a crate or impassable terrain apply +1 defence while defending

2XP

Plug In:

BD15 Gains- you can perform (tech) test on objects that heroes can perform (tech) tests. gain a free success

Exhaust: Heroes within 2 spaces of BD15 may re-roll one dice when performing a Test

2XP

Explosive Lob:

Explosive Supply cards range increased by 2 spaces.

Exhaust: Add 1 damage to an Explosive Supply Card damage result.

1 strain: Reroll one dice result on Explosive cards

3XP

Scavengers Slide

2 health 1speed.

Exhaust: move 2 spaces towards the nearest crate.

3XP

Tech Savvy:

1 strain: exhaust this card. After an interaction is performed. Preform 1 additional action during

this activation.

1 Strain: exhaust this card. after an action has been used on a supply card, perform one additional action.

4XP

Scraps Metal:

Special Action 1 strain: exhaust this card. Push a crate 1 space. If it moves into a space with an enemy figure that figure suffers 2 damage becomes stunned and is pushed one space or Adjacent characters to the Crate become stunned.

4XP

Overcharged Explosion:

Draw an additional supply card from crates. You may use explosive and medical supply cards twice before they deplete.

Explosive Supply cards gain – 1 damage and Push.

When you use an Explosives card add one green dice to the roll

Edited by Spidey NZ

it might be easier to view if you could post those cards, you can make your own cards with the IA tools

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/282009-imperial-assault-tools-list-builder-card-editor-more-now-works-on-windows-7/

some initial observations

endurance 5 is above what a hero typically starts with (most heroes are 4/4: 4 speed 4 endurance and becomes 3/3 once wounded). I would reduce the Endurance down to 4

loot boxes: I would add the restriction of NON-VALUABLE to all of them. I was so happy in my last campaign that the Rebel never drew Hondo's treasure from the supply deck, having this Jawa hero on board means the Rebels can cycle all the valuable stuff with ease

the 1xp full pocket (allows drawing from discard) is beyond OP since it allows infinite cycling of grenades, imagine the following scenario:

1. the heroes (any hero) drew Frag Grenade

2. the heroes use Frag Grenade (blast 3), Frag Grenade is discarded

3. Jawa draws back the grenade

4. repeat step 2-3

The same can be said for Shock Grenade

I would just remove the "strain to draw from discard" ability entirely

2xp explosive lob have the same problem (infinite blast 4) but I think it's fine leaving it as it is, as long as the infinite cycling is removed. I'm also not sure what you mean by +1 damage: +1 damage to the target space or +1 damage to everything (effectively an additional blast 1). The former is fine but the latter is not

3xp tech savvy: I think the 1st case already covers the 2nd case? Mak already have something similar to it

4xp scrap metal seems underwhelming as a 4xp ability, I'd buff it to 2 spaces instead of 1 space

4xp overcharged explosion on the other hand have the same problem as above. Does the 2nd use have the same cost? combined with explosive lob and full pocket you could potentially have an infinite cycling, 5-space range, blast 5, x2 effectively doing blast 10

5 hours ago, ricope said:

it might be easier to view if you could post those cards, you can make your own cards with the IA tools

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/282009-imperial-assault-tools-list-builder-card-editor-more-now-works-on-windows-7/

some initial observations

endurance 5 is above what a hero typically starts with (most heroes are 4/4: 4 speed 4 endurance and becomes 3/3 once wounded). I would reduce the Endurance down to 4

loot boxes: I would add the restriction of NON-VALUABLE to all of them. I was so happy in my last campaign that the Rebel never drew Hondo's treasure from the supply deck, having this Jawa hero on board means the Rebels can cycle all the valuable stuff with ease

the 1xp full pocket (allows drawing from discard) is beyond OP since it allows infinite cycling of grenades, imagine the following scenario:

1. the heroes (any hero) drew Frag Grenade

2. the heroes use Frag Grenade (blast 3), Frag Grenade is discarded

3. Jawa draws back the grenade

4. repeat step 2-3

The same can be said for Shock Grenade

I would just remove the "strain to draw from discard" ability entirely

2xp explosive lob have the same problem (infinite blast 4) but I think it's fine leaving it as it is, as long as the infinite cycling is removed. I'm also not sure what you mean by +1 damage: +1 damage to the target space or +1 damage to everything (effectively an additional blast 1). The former is fine but the latter is not

3xp tech savvy: I think the 1st case already covers the 2nd case? Mak already have something similar to it

4xp scrap metal seems underwhelming as a 4xp ability, I'd buff it to 2 spaces instead of 1 space

4xp overcharged explosion on the other hand have the same problem as above. Does the 2nd use have the same cost? combined with explosive lob and full pocket you could potentially have an infinite cycling, 5-space range, blast 5, x2 effectively doing blast 10

thanks a lot for the feedback, ill send him you critiques to help iron it out. i do agree with the infinite cycling

I'll point out the following;

Drawing back from the discard is an alternative to drawing from the deck when opening a crate. There are never more than 4 of those in a mission.

Using a grenade is an action.

Both of those are not infinite

However, combined with Explosive Lob (2xp) and Overcharged Explosion (4xp) it does get too silly too quickly.

Remember that Grenades are unblockable damage. Instead of attacking, doing Red dice +1 damage with no defense? To good.

Edited by Majushi

Hola a todos hoy quiero compartirles una carta que hice ya que tenia unos droides de batalla

y quise implementarlos al imperial assault ya que es un juego que me gusta demasiado espero les guste 448037671_Droides-de-battalarealizadoporcavadg.thumb.jpg.d58139d732219b0d82fc5fe47cb2d784.jpg