GenCon 2019 Grand Tournament

By flightmaster101, in Runewars Miniatures Game

Hello everybody!

We are ready to announce the objectives and deployments for our GenCon Grand Tournament.

We will be playing:

Conquest

Ancient Wards

and Battle of Champions

on

Mutual Reinforcements

Vanguard Clash

and Overextended

We are definitely using the latest FAQ rule set and we are looking at specific tweaks to the threshers and scuttling horror. Prizes will be given to the tournament winner and best in faction (or 2nd best for the faction that won).

You can sign up here:

https://www.gencon.com/events/149482

Also, we do have 2 episodes in the can that for some reason didnt' work on RSS, so i'm looking to recover our website and get those out at once. Hope we can see all you guys there!

Hm. That’s 3 fun deployments.

Conquest is is a personal favorite. I’ll need to look into Ancient awards and BoC

I like Conquest and after playing Overextended at Madison last month, I have a real appreciation for a “low-frontage” force. Only 1 of the cards has three terrain pieces, but there’s certainly a balance between defensive and dangerous terrain.

I’ll be interested to see how many people choose to play Ancient Wards. I actually like it, but it’s definitely a killdozer objective.

Just to clarify, the Objective and Deployment are set by the TO for each round and then low bid gets choice of initiative, right?

On 7/4/2019 at 7:13 PM, sarumanthewhite said:

Just to clarify, the Objective and  Deploymen  t are set by the TO for each round and then low bid gets choice of initiative, right? 

Correct. We will be following the latest tournament guide for all procedures and rankings.

Thanks guys for trying to organize the event. I tried looking for another event to jump into and stuff is really sold out. Not sure if we could get 4 of us to play a couple of games against each other just to pass the time...

Why did it get cancelled? Not enough interest?

We had 3 signed up. 🥵

Unfortunately, that’s par for the course with a lot of non-licensed or unsupported games these days.

I’m a bit surprised at the number for Imperial Assault given that it was announced no new plastic or skirmish stuff would be released. I’m sure it’s the Star Wars license, but I’m also sure that FFG wants people playing Legion so they can sell new stuff. It’s the business side of this..

We are going to have another tournament here in Chicago in September or October. Not sure if the folks in NC are still going to host Worlds (such that it is).

If you’re going to be at Gen Con and want to get in a game, or two let us know...