iOS frustration

By Qualitypunk, in X-Wing Squad Builder

Since day 1 of the iOS app launch I've been trying to sign in and get the endless sign in kpatcha loop. I get frustrated, delete it, get annoyed with alternatives on my phone either requiring Safari (YASB 2) or not having my collection saved. Does anyone else still have this problem? Are there any alternatives like the ArmadaFB and LegionAB apps? This is one of the reasons I'm ready to sell my X-Wing collection.

Just use LaunchBay Next on iOS.

3 hours ago, erytas said:

Just use LaunchBay Next on iOS.

This. LaunchBay next is awesome. Apart from all the usual stuff, it keeps record of your wins/losses and you can keep track on your tournament performances, saving opponents squad and the MOV you got.

I highly recommend it

17 hours ago, Qualitypunk said:

Does anyone else still have this problem?

I recall having a bit of a loop on the 'choose a square, any square' routine. The app runs now on my iPhone, but I rarely use it.

LaunchBayNext has been much more convenient for list building since it runs locally (no data), has more efficient commands, can save the collection of ships, doesn't randomly delete my lists and has been very quick to update.

unfortunately LaunchBay might fall under FFG's recent IP claim. they'll likely be forced to stop operating.

1 hour ago, nikk whyte said:

unfortunately LaunchBay might fall under FFG's recent IP claim. they'll likely be forced to stop operating.

Possibly. Until that day...

If FFG put out regular bug fixes and added features to the app, most people wouldn't need to use a 3rd party app that does it better.

Edited by Ken on Cape

Thanks all. Next time FFG should just buy the best 3rd party app and tweak it. I had Launch Bay Next but I can't sign in with Twitter so I'm sticking with YASB for now.

You should change your topic from IOS Frustration to just the plain frustration with the OXSBA in general. You are not alone in your suffering as it is across all platforms.