In going through the ROT book carefully, I find some weird things...

By IamGazrok, in Realms of Terrinoth

OK, definitely the strangest entry yet (and in the ROT book no less, not sure how I missed it before). I don't have or use photoshop, just MS Paint being the old man I am...but came up with this for it....
" The largest Mahkim village , and the spiritual center of their people, rides on the back of the massive crocodile Ravin. This vast beast is worshipped as a god by the Mahkim, and it bears them throughout Zanaga across rivers and lakes, though they must constantly feed its massive appetite. When challenged or wronged, Mahkim warriors paint the god’s likeness on their hides and cry out his name as they charge into battle. These same devotees then devour their fallen enemies, each gulp of meat another prayer to their god. "
ravin2.jpg?imaged=260

error reply.

Edited by IamGazrok

Another odd one, yes, by name, the Cave of Wonders is in the ROT sourcebook. Sure, I doubt they intended it to be Aladdin's cave, but with the existence of the Singhara, it was just too much fun to pass up. The text locates it in the range of Mennara's Teeth (which , from the text, is part of the Broken Crags).

https://www.scabard.com/pbs/campaign/235523/place/309092

CaveWonders.png?imaged=260

Regarding the cave of wonders, there is a whole quest in the descent Road to Legend app campaign "Embers of Dread" which is happening in the cave of wonders. It's also pretty neat, involving a talking cave, elemental trials and a treasure that grants the heroes wishes.

Here is a snippet of the story: The legendary Cave of Wonders has been found! Unfortunately, it was found by the Dread. Whatever they seek there, you cannot let them have it. As you make your way up the crags and slopes of Mennara's Teeth, you recall your conversation with Eveline before your departure. ""I'm not half the scholar Kristoph was,"" she complained as she sat surrounded by his notes. ""It looks like he was starting to piece together a map of these leylines. Several of them converge here."" She tapped on a map behind her. ""According to legend, this spot is the so-called Cave of Wonders. I'm still convalescing, so I sent a scout. He never reported back. Now it's your turn."

Thanks. I have that. Will have to look it up! Thx.