• Leo Anderson
  • Norman Withers
  • Ursula Downs

mad28_cardfan_investigators.png

3 Scenarios

• The Jungle Awakens
  • Into the Dark
  • Lost Temple of Yig

This looks to be taking from the 3rd LCG arc, The Forgotten Age , which was a terrific departure from the "Usual Suspects" we've seen across the Arkham Files. Both Leo Anderson & Ursula Downs debuted in that cycle as well.

Fourth quarter, they say, so a good, tropical escape from the autumn and winter months.

Edit:

Huh. They skipped the small box expansion - both in timing (spring-summer) and in physical (the last was Horrific Journeys which was also big box). No complaints, just an observation.

Edited by Duciris
Afterthought

Snakes...why did it have to be snakes!

Super excited! ^(;,;)^

Yeeeeeesssssss!

Oooh, some nice minis. Excited to see a Daniela mini, Ursula is looking fierce, and I have a friend who loves Norman, so that's nice. :)

WooooooHoooooooo yippeeeee

57 minutes ago, vsolfronk said:

Snakes...why did it have to be snakes!

Super excited! ^(;,;)^

And now for the best TV edit of profanity ever:

Oh yes, finally! After missing out on the thrill of a small box in the first half of the year, this is exciting that a big box will still go ahead! :)

As i was saying on Reddit, I think the biggest "change" here (besides leaving Arkham far behind) is the Campaign Log. It definitely sounds in the description as you can play these as standalones, or as part of a 3-story narrative. I presume it will go like this:

1. You're in Arkham at a party where someone brought things back from an expedition, and the relics trigger "spooky things" to happen (and maybe even some of Yig's servants crash the party).

2. What you learn at the party gets some benefactor to hire you to journey south to learn more about what awaits in the jungle. You learn of some kind of world ending curse that will commence at

3. The temple of Yig where you finally stop the ancient one (or great old one, take your pick, fam) from awakening.

My guess is that they'll throw in a "surprise" of carrying some stats/items over from one campaign to the other, but *if* they do this, it seems like it would be a significant app upgrade to help remember your "inventory,", unless they rely on your writing it down in a paper log like they do with traumas and certain story elements of the Arkham Horror LCG.

hey, has anyone seen that price?

oops... this is NOT a big box as someone is calling it... we are going crazy...

60€ another expansion no thank you FFG i'm done with your expensive and low content products :D

If it is a 3 part campaign that might explain why we have not had the small box or any DLC this year. I imagine it would take time to make the changes needed to the app to support this. I am looking forward to hearing more about this.

I'm not reading that there's a campaign at all. I get that a heading says 'The Campaign Log' but that's just flavour for a heading. Nowhere in the text does it say they are joined. I'd really like to be proven wrong on this as a campaign mode would be amazing. :)

4 minutes ago, Phoenix_FFG said:

I'm not reading that there's a campaign at all. I get that a heading says 'The Campaign Log' but that's just flavour for a heading. Nowhere in the text does it say they are joined. I'd really like to be proven wrong on this as a campaign mode would be amazing. :)

I agree. The text does really seem to be more towards them being separate adventures. But it still does seem like the narrative has some cohesion!

HOORAY

I'm happy but still no Zoey Samaras mini.. ;-(

I'm really liking this. It was really great how Horrific Journeys added some different flavour to game sessions by giving some really interesting locales to travel. Path of the Serpent appears to do the same thing (while still keeping one scenario localised). It's a nice touch when you flipping through all the available scenarios in the app and looking at all your scenario options.

I'm going to have to get inventive with how the tiles sit on the end of my table now - perhaps I'll make the tiles live on some double-level shelf. I always love sifting through new tile sets.

I'm very glad to see Norman Withers added to the Investigator choices, and the other three look like great additions too.

On 6/27/2019 at 5:05 PM, Phoenix_FFG said:

I'm going to have to get inventive with how the tiles sit on the end of my table now - perhaps I'll make the tiles live on some double-level shelf. I always love sifting through new tile sets.

I keep my tiles in gallon-sized Ziplocs, and write on the ziploc whatever set the tiles came from. Makes it super-easy to find tiles when adding to the mansion.

On 6/24/2019 at 4:24 PM, Hazoku said:

60€ another expansion no thank you FFG i'm done with your expensive and low content products :D

I'm sure escalating tariff wars between the U.S. and China aren't helping things.

On 7/2/2019 at 8:17 PM, TwiceBorn said:

I'm sure escalating tariff wars between the U.S. and China aren't helping things.

Considering this is the same price as the last big box expansion, which had nothing to do with the tariff wars, i don't think it's related. They have high cost low content ratios in a lot of their games. Look at their new LOTR game. No way that game is $130 bucks. Don't tell me it's due to the app. The app is a reskin of MoM.

As the announcements for expansions are usually teasers, this first announcement gave us a lot of information usually only seen in the 2nd announcement. This may be due to the fact that the 2nd announcement is going to reveal something worth a full article on. So let's wonder what this could indeed be!

My guess: updated app + conformation of the path of the serpent being the first 3 part story quest. Would love it to be the only characters with the expansion so the app can add voicers to your characters.

Path of the Serpent is discussed in this video and they confirm that it is a 3 part story, the first for MoM.

8 hours ago, Lipstickpaddy said:

Path of the Serpent is discussed in this video and they confirm that it is a 3 part story, the first for MoM.

An unnofficial discussion isn't a confirmation. The announcement article didn't actually say that there would be a campaign other than what might have been added flavour used in a heading without any further substantiation. It seems more likely that the scenarios are interconnected by a theme in order to reuse the same tiles, jungle, similarly to how the last one was travel (train, ship, derigible).

Yes but perhaps the Roll for Crit peeps have spoken to reps about the expansion, as otherwise where did they get the information from exactly?

I do not know if this has been posted here already, but the date of release for Path of the Serpent is the 1st of November.

At least according to this tweet by FFG....

Not that it matters all that much to me, but it boggles my mind that they wouldn't have released this before Hallowe'en. But oh well...