Runt Damage Token

By dwaynedauzat, in Star Wars: Outer Rim

While punching out the pieces, I noticed that only one of the damage tokens was smaller than all the rest. I haven't played the game yet and I'm sure it's probably nothing, but I was wondering if anyone else had this in their copy and if there was a purpose for it being smaller.

Star Wars Outer Rim Runt Damage Token

Hi,

There is a thread on BBG about this and it transpires that everyone has one smaller token. It's likely just a miss cut but you'll probably never need it anyway.

Edited by Ancient Virus
Spelling

"Judge me by my size do you?" 😜

Its how we all know we got first edition copies!!!!!

It’s my favourite token

This has been asked twice on BGG, though I'm guessing the second time there was you too because the title is the exact same. Here's my answer (also from the first time on BGG)

My speculation is that it is the damage token you put on an Imperial planet after you complete a Jyn Erso action towards her personal goal. It takes up less space which helps a lot as locations can get crowded very quickly.

If this was the case, there would have been two of the small ones not just one. I think it is a mistake when they set up the machine used to cut the cardboard.

37 minutes ago, TheSpitfired said:

This has been asked twice on BGG, though I'm guessing the second time there was you too because the title is the exact same. Here's my answer (also from the first time on BGG)

My speculation is that it is the damage token you put on an Imperial planet after you complete a Jyn Erso action towards her personal goal. It takes up less space which helps a lot as locations can get crowded very quickly.

I searched through the forums before I made the post but couldn't find anything related. Perhaps I just overlooked it. I did submit the question over on BGG too. Thanks to everyone for the suggested theories.

5 hours ago, CyberAdam64 said:

If this was the case, there would have been two of the small ones not just one. I think it is a mistake when they set up the machine used to cut the cardboard.

There are only two Imperial planets, and once you have completed the action twice you’ve completed Jyn’s personal goal and have no need to keep them marked. You only need to mark one planet so you don’t do the action on the same one by mistake.

I agree two would have been more prudent but one works just fine.