Titles in 4-Player Melee

By Facu2192, in Rules Questions

Hi, i’m from Argentina.

My friends and I have been playing this game since it went out, but we’ve always had the same doubt about the title selection in a 4 player-melee match.

The Rulebook states :

In a three player game, two titles are removed at random; in a six player game no titles are removed.

Although we’ve seen several official 4-player melee matches where in a 4 player game they only randomly removed 1 title per round, so the last player gets to choose between 2 titles.

Is there any official statement or ruling about how many titles are used in a 4-player match? Where can i find it?

Thank you very much and sorry for my english.

Both the learn to play (pg26) and rules reference (pg12) books state how many titles are used in a melee;

Shuffle all 6 titles and remove 1 (OR 2 in a three-player game OR 0 in a six-player game)

So both a four-player and five-player game use the first part of the text and only 1 title is removed.

FYI - it is recommended that in a three-player game that one of the removed titles is always the Crown Regent and that the Support rule is ignored.

Your English is excellent; no need to apologise.

Edited by Dice lord
17 hours ago, Dice lord said:

FYI - it is recommended that in a three-player game that one of the removed titles is always the Crown Regent and that the Support rule is ignored.

These changes were proposed by the organizers of Stahleck, which used to be the European Championship (before FFG decided to organize an official one) and is still the world's biggest annual tournament (especially for Melee). It even attracts players from Asia and the Americas.