Texas Galactic Open 2019

By Mog1255, in Organized Play

Hello everyone. On September 14, at St. Joseph's Society Hall in downtown San Antonio, we will be having the 2nd annual Texas Galactic Open. It's 4 concurrent tournaments - Armada, X-Wing, Destiny and of course, Legion. I would like to extend an invitation to come join in on the fun. Last year was a blast and we intend to do it again, only bigger and better this time. Tons of prizes from not only FFG, but from our local game stores as well. Last year, we had game bags, dice trays, a box of Rebellion and other board games, and more. Pizza, beer, Star Wars gaming. What more can you ask for?

Full details on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TXGalacticOpen/
Fuller details on our new website: http://texasgalacticopen.com/
If you'd like to get tickets: https://squareup.com/store/txgo2019

Edited by Mog1255

Running out seats, only 14 left.

18 hours ago, Mog1255 said:

Running out seats, only 14 left.

which seats are there left?

I'm having a hard time figuring out what game to play. (Legion vs Destiny)

9 hours ago, buckero0 said:

which seats are there left?

I'm having a hard time figuring out what game to play. (Legion vs Destiny)

14 Legion seats at the time of post. 13 now. There are about the same number of Destiny seats. A hard choice, but at least there's no wrong answer.

I'm pretty new to Legion, I've been building an Imperial army since Christmas.. I don't have a lot of game experience. Just with friends at the house, playing some 800 point games. I'm interested in attending, but I don't have any tournament experience. What is the consensus of having an inexperienced player sign up?

On 7/7/2019 at 8:32 PM, Schweitzer said:

I'm pretty new to Legion, I've been building an Imperial army since Christmas.. I don't have a lot of game experience. Just with friends at the house, playing some 800 point games. I'm interested in attending, but I don't have any tournament experience. What is the consensus of having an inexperienced player sign up?

As long as you know the rules to the game, you'll be fine. We had many newer players last year, a few with only one or two games prior to the event. Everyone is pretty chill and laid back and you'll still get stuff to take home even if you come and lose 3 games. It mirrors the competitive formats, has cool prizes for the winner and stuff, but at the end of the day, it's just supposed to be fun.

Bumpity bump bump.

Just 10 days away! Added link to website.

The new RRG will be used for the TXGO, in case anyone was wondering.

Ticket sales close at 9pm (CST) tonight! Get down to San Antonio this Saturday if you can.

how did it go?

On 9/17/2019 at 4:20 PM, buckero0 said:

how did it go?

It went really well. Had 16 players with Rebel and Empire both making it to the final table.

In the end, the Empire player won. If I recall, only one player brought more than one Sniper Strike Team. We had several AT-STs and even one T-47. I don't think anyone brought Wookies or Saboteurs. Taun-tauns were probably the most common unit for Rebels.