New Stuff; kinda.

By zwara81, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

On 6/19/2019 at 9:18 PM, kris40k said:

Game mats for multiple games, including healthy, supported ones like X-Wing and Keyforge are listed under the Fantasy Flight Supply heading .

I agree that it is odd that they posted the news article about it that way. Posting as an Imperial Assault article heading would probably be more useful to their target audience.

Even more confusing for me when I clicked on the "discuss in forums" and it took me to a Ghost page of dead threads. Had to read the top to find out I wasn't in this forum.

3 hours ago, Uninvited Guest said:

Don’t be silly, that’s on the other side Pacific Ocean. It’d be the Far West :P .

Yes, but they are beyond the mystical international dateline where time magically goes forward or backward by one day, therefor making them the furthest east. :P

9 minutes ago, Rikalonius said:

Yes, but they are beyond the mystical international dateline where time magically goes forward or backward by one day, therefor making them the furthest east. :P

Sorry, did I send that one over your head?

1 minute ago, Uninvited Guest said:

Sorry, did I send that one over your head?

No, I was trying to be funny in return.

Just now, Rikalonius said:

No, I was trying to be funny in return.

... Oh! I missed the word "magically!"

Fair enough. I'm west of some and east of some. North of some and south of some, but I bet I'm higher than anyone (altitude wise).

It's fun being a part of a worldwide IA community, even if it is only 100 players... I reckon it's a lot higher than that though. I know lots of people who play that never write anything on these community pages.

On 6/19/2019 at 5:49 PM, buckero0 said:

But skirmish was and always will be more fun and had a community of players around the world. Campaign was played in basements of a few selected midwestern states during a blizzard.

This made me laugh, however I should point out that although we did play 1st Ed Star Wars RPG (The d6 version) in the basement, we're all too old to do that now. We in the Midwest play in our dining rooms now. :)

On 6/21/2019 at 9:54 PM, Mandelore of the Rings said:

... but I bet I'm higher than anyone (altitude wise).

Trust no one under 8,000 feet, right?

I was told by my local game store that IA is basically cancelled, and no reprints or stock are available from FFG. Is this official news? Do I need to stockpile the recent expansions?

No new content is currently planned. The German version officially won't get reprints and is sold as long as stocks last. The English version - who knows if FFG is going to reprint when stocks run out.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:55 PM, Gallanteer said:

Pah! Who played skirmish anyway? The game was originally designed for the campaign anyway. Skirmish was nothing more than an afterthought.

Boris Johnson-style alternative facts? And then bashing a minority?

If you had checked your facts, then you'd know, that this ain't true ...

8 hours ago, DerBaer said:

Boris Johnson-style alternative facts? And then bashing a minority?

If you had checked your facts, then you'd know, that this ain't true ...

Good work, DerBaer! You found the joke !