New Stuff; kinda.

By zwara81, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

The Malastarian Outpost Raid

The new Mission will be soon on the app. And for everyone who is to lazy to get the tiles you can buy a convient new map.

Better then nothing. would be interessting to see more of this stuff( please let me play as vader)

I guess that is what we will see in the future; more to do with the stuff we already have instead of the shiny new.

Edited by zwara81

Rumours of the death of Imperial Assault are greatly exaggurated!

Legion might be good at tabletop warfare (I wouldn't know) but it'll never provide the campaigns or tight combat provided by IA.

2 minutes ago, Gallanteer said:

Rumours of the death of Imperial Assault are greatly exaggurated!

Legion might be good at tabletop warfare (I wouldn't know) but it'll never provide the campaigns or tight combat provided by IA.

Only App updates for the foreseeable future until each box set has a campaign.

Skirmish is dead.

Just now, King_Balrog said:

Only App updates for the foreseeable future until each box set has a campaign.

Skirmish is dead.

No game is dead whilst it is still played.

16 hours ago, Gallanteer said:

No game is dead whilst it is still played.

Good luck finding a dedicated skirmish playerbase after all of the crap FFG has pulled.

You can argue semantics all you like but Skirmish has suffered a grievous blow.

image.jpeg.601d6561e2686fd8298220ee99194e12.jpeg

Edited by King_Balrog

Pah! Who played skirmish anyway? The game was originally designed for the campaign anyway. Skirmish was nothing more than an afterthought.

Edited by Gallanteer
1 hour ago, Gallanteer said:

Pah! Who played skirmish anyway? The game was originally designed for the campaign anyway. Skirmish was nothing more than an afterthought.

But skirmish was and always will be more fun and had a community of players around the world. Campaign was played in basements of a few selected midwestern states during a blizzard.

3 hours ago, buckero0 said:

But skirmish was and always will be more fun and had a community of players around the world. Campaign was played in basements of a few selected midwestern states during a blizzard.

“It’s salt” said the Resistance Trooper on Crait.

Chill out, salty pants. My game group played both skirmish and campaign and found campaign to be much more enjoyable. Skirmish took too much time to set up and pull things out of the box for the amount of time you actually played.

With that said, I think this is a cool idea. What is really interesting is they are using tiles from two campaigns that have yet to be given an app campaign (or you can purchase the map).

I hope this means that there is potential for there to be new app campaigns down the road.

The article is a "Fantasy Flght Supply" article as opposed to an Imperial Assault article. That's a little unsettling.

1 hour ago, Uninvited Guest said:

The article is a "Fantasy Flght Supply" article as opposed to an Imperial Assault article. That's a little unsettling.

Game mats for multiple games, including healthy, supported ones like X-Wing and Keyforge are listed under the Fantasy Flight Supply heading .

I agree that it is odd that they posted the news article about it that way. Posting as an Imperial Assault article heading would probably be more useful to their target audience.

5 hours ago, buckero0 said:

don't really agree with the second half but made me laugh! :)

I like campaign AND skirmish. Glad we got something. Just wish they'd throw the skirmish players a bone or two. Even just a set of new cards (fun new command cards and some deployment card attachments and fixes would be easy enough...)

Way to go FFG, now I will give in and get Bespin Gambit... and ToL... I was thinking they'd go HotE first but either way, they get my money! After reading the article, I reckon this looks pretty darn fun. Horde mode huh? Anyone have experience playing it in that Terrinoth game or whatever? I forget what the fantasy game that everyone says IA was based off of (version 2.0 or something) is called.

Also sounds like there will be new maps for this mode coming... " The game’s first raid takes you to the planet of Malastare," and "Raids take place on specific large maps constructed from various Star Wars :Imperial Assault expansions."

Nice.

Looks like a re-skin of the challenge maps Frostgate (I think it's called) from Descent.

7 hours ago, buckero0 said:

Stop being a typical US centrist. In the UK we're quite happy with the campaign thanks.

I’m excited about this. One-off coop games with friends or at home with my son are far more realistic than campaign or skirmish for now, so YEAH!

Also nice to see what they’re doing with the tiles. Lots of potential for other maps: snow, forest, swamp, desert, junkyard, various mixtures. Happy.

8 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

don't really agree with the second half but made me laugh! :)

I like campaign AND skirmish. Glad we got something. Just wish they'd throw the skirmish players a bone or two. Even just a set of new cards (fun new command cards and some deployment card attachments and fixes would be easy enough...)

I was just teasing, but it makes no sense how something that used to be exclusively made for skirmish is now exclusively for campaign. Why not release the same product and have both involved? It would take minimal effort. Put in 2 skirmish scenarios on cards (the plastic container the maps come in already have them built in) and at least someone will buy it. I can just see people at their local shop looking at this product and getting confused.

yeah, I knew you were kidding.

Also, totally agree about them adding in something for skirmish. Minimal effort indeed. So many things they could do that require minimal effort.

Also, you're ALL western centrists! Don't forget us living in the far east. We like all forms of IA. (I'm kidding too.)

11 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

Also,  you're ALL western centrists! Don't forget us living in the far east.

Where? Like Boston? Bangor, Maine? 🤣

15 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

yeah, I knew you were kidding.

Also, totally agree about them adding in something for skirmish. Minimal effort indeed. So many things they could do that require minimal effort.

Also, you're ALL western centrists! Don't forget us living in the far east. We like all forms of IA. (I'm kidding too.)

Eh, I chuckled at the original comment because I’m from Michigan. I have most certainly played campaigns during the winter, but I’ve also played during spring, summer, and fall as well.

Whenever our group has a lull in our real lives (which isn’t often anymore) and when we are willing to jump in and play.

On 6/19/2019 at 10:49 PM, buckero0 said:

A community of players around the world. What, like a hundred? Most of them will depart for the next miniatures game that gives them a new plastic high, and a chance at min-maxing a new/not new set of mechanics.

6 hours ago, Uninvited Guest said:

Where? Like Boston? Bangor, Maine? 🤣

See and I interpreted this that he lived in Hong Kong, Viet Nam or Cambodia

2 hours ago, Rikalonius said:

A community of players around the world. What, like a hundred? Most of them will depart for the next miniatures game that gives them a new plastic high, and a chance at min-maxing a new/not new set of mechanics.

Just came by to see the new raid stuff, but can confirm.

I'm knee deep in minis for D&D now, and life is great.

Miss you all.

Edited by subtrendy2

HE LIVES!?

1 hour ago, buckero0 said:

See and I interpreted this that he lived in Hong Kong, Viet Nam or Cambodia

Don’t be silly, that’s on the other side Pacific Ocean. It’d be the Far West :P .