Any new missions coming to the app?

By mattman285, in Legends of the Alliance

Anyone hear any word/rumors on more app updates for more content?

Apart from the upcoming challenge mode, no.

What is the challenge mode?

See the first post of:

Read the article. I don’t do forums much but I am starting to catch up on the news. I do hope they support the app more as a lot of times it’s harder to get together for game nights( I have kids).

My money is that they'll release more campaigns to line up with each of the big-box sets (at minimum).

Maybe they'll do it for small box as well? would be nice. But that's uncertain.

Beyond that, who knows. The prior app missions weren't released with much fanfare, so if they are working on it we probably won't hear about it until "oh hey guys, we gave you stuff!"

You might want to wait on preordering the advertised playmat, as we have been waiting ten months for the new A Game of Thrones playmat...

11 hours ago, King_Balrog said:

Horde Mode Confirmed

I assume this game from that other game that also has an app mode... I forget what it's called. Anyone have experience playing "horde mode"? This actually sounds really fun to me. Sometimes you just want to "fight stuff", as my kids and their friends often say when they are getting bored of me explaining the mission rules... me too. I have yet to try the app out solo, but I think this would work great for some solo storm trooper crushing fun.

Although the article says 2-4 players, it really should say 1-4 players... Solo is a great way to get the Imperial Assault experience.

The raid mode does not have only attacking, so there are a lot of different hero combinations to try.

For us idiots in the back of the classroom, could someone give a quick explanation of the difference between an app campaign mission and this raid mode of playing? Are the raids just like a single, non-campaign mission, so to speak? In any case, I'm excited :D

The article distills it well:

Raid mode sees a team of two to four players selects their heroes from those available in their collection, then spend a limited amount of starting credits and XP. After launching a raid mode mission, players have six rounds to fend off Imperial forces while gathering intel spread across the map.

Gathering each piece of intel requires a specific attribute test, meaning a balanced team has the best odds of success. In order to put your name in the Hall of Legends, you’ll have to carefully balance defeating groups of enemies with gathering intel and making sure you can survive the full six rounds.

I really wish they had used the Skirmish cards for all figures in this Raid mode. I often want to play solo as characters other than the heroes.

39 minutes ago, dwaynedauzat said:

I really wish they had used the Skirmish cards for all figures in this Raid mode. I often want to play solo as characters other than the heroes.

I imagine nothing would stop you from trying out. You could use for instance Jedi Luke with a few command cards (to compensate for XP) and spend the credits on equipment like combat coat, portable medkit, ect It could work ...

On 6/16/2019 at 12:34 PM, mattman285 said:

Anyone hear any word/rumors on more app updates for more content?

With the disclosure that they aren't going to keep creating expansions, I bet they won't publish any additional app content. Unless they charge for additional campaigns, they aren't going to produce app content if they aren't going to generate funding through new sales.

I wish they would produce all app content of the paper campaigns found in all of their products.

2 hours ago, Redsavina said:

I wish they would produce all app content of the paper campaigns found in all of their products.

As someone who will mostly be playing solo I completely agree! That's why Hoth will be the next one I get since I just got Jabba's today.

On 9/14/2019 at 6:08 AM, Redsavina said:

With the disclosure that they aren't going to keep creating expansions, I bet they won't publish any additional app content. Unless they charge for additional campaigns, they aren't going to produce app content if they aren't going to generate funding through new sales.

They do have some campaigns for Descent that they sell rather than being free, so they may do that. I'd be happy to pay for future app campaigns if they did go in that direction.

Reading through the recap of Andrew Navaro's live stream, I'm not confident about more campaigns for the app however. The question about Imperial Assault does not make mention of app content unlike the ones for Descent. More app campaigns were not ruled out, but when he says Imperial Assault is a completed product line that could easily be including content for the app. Journeys in Middle Earth is probably exciting them at the moment, which is what Imperial Assault is competing with app wise.

I'd love more app campaign content. I'm willing to pay for it, but I'd hope there is a way to unlock it on all platforms if I buy it once.