Missing ships

By Redblock, in Star Wars: Outer Rim

List of ships in game has many big holes in it, proof expansions are coming. Short list:

1 Jumpmaster 5000 (no question, its coming)

2 Scurg H-6

3 VCX - 100 ("Ghost", Hera is in the game already)

4 YT-2400 ("Outrider" its official in new cannon)

Next batch will come with "you can only buy if you have positive reputation with faction X"

1. U-wing (Jyn in game, and needs her ship)

2 Auzituck Gunship

3 Lambda Shuttle

4 Tie reaper

5 Decimator VT-49

I like your top list but don't care for faction only ships. Decimator seems too big for the game

I do hope they have expansion tiles to add a second layer or tier to the map

Edited by buckero0
On 6/16/2019 at 11:00 AM, buckero0 said:

I like your top list but don't care for faction only ships. Decimator seems too big foe the game

I do hope they have expansion tiles to add a second layer or tier to the map

Why is the Decimator too big for this game? It's roughly the same size as the Millenium Falcon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8i2yjcUYbg

This may or may not support my point. It looks way bigger on the inside and I wonder if those viewports are even accurate to the outside of the ship scale-wise.

2 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Why is the Decimator too big for this game? It's roughly the same size as the Millenium Falcon.

in the artwork I've seen it looks about 5 times bigger with a much larger crew, etc. Of course scale is all arbitrary in the Galaxy. I thought it was ironic that the IROC (which is a modified Gozanti) is the penultimate Scum big ship Patrol and the Gozanti is the 2nd tier Imperial ship up from the shuttle.

Edited by buckero0

In Redblock's scenario, what would happen if you lost favor with that faction? would you lose your ship or automatically drop to negative standing? It sounded like you had the ship on lease, which would make that faction go bananas if you stole it and ran off to do work for the enemy.

Look at current events and cards in game, they only check reputation at the time of happening, and no continuous checking. You get your ship, its yours, and no one can steal it from you.

51 minutes ago, Redblock said:

Look at current events and cards in game, they only check reputation at the time of happening, and no continuous checking. You get your ship, its yours, and no one can steal it from you.

No, I know that, I just meant if you introduce these new faction rules, would you change the way the factions interact with "their faction specific ships"

i love these and think they will be in the next expansion

1 Jumpmaster 5000 (no question, its coming)

2 Scurg H-6

3 VCX - 100 ("Ghost", Hera is in the game already)

4 YT-2400 ("Outrider" its official in new cannon)

I'm still a sucker for Jyn Ors and Kyle Katarn and the Raven's Claw but don't think they'll go down that path again. and I think they'd be good additions to the game

I think Dengar is a shoe in. Dash might make it just from X-Wing and Armada presence

Edited by buckero0

You can't have Jyn Erso as character and don't have U-wing. Period

3 hours ago, Redblock said:

Question Mark

We already do? U wing isn't really a smuggling ship. It's more of a military ship. All the ships in the game now are freighters or smugglers or specific bounty hunter ships which is what the game is based around. The only reason Jyn is in the game (as near as i can tell) is to round out good/bad characters and to add as many female characters as they could to the game. Honestly they could have put Aurra Sing in the game if she had a more recognizable role in the SW Universe. Jyn doesn't really fit in the game. Hera fits better as a smuggler/hauler/odd-job character than Jyn. She has history as all of those things. Jyn was a pre-teen Rebel fighter who had retired by 16 according to Saw/Jyn's conversation in R1

Edited by buckero0
23 hours ago, Redblock said:

The U-Wing was Cassian's and is a Rebel ship.

The YT2400 is a must along with Dash.

The new Mandolorian series might introduce a few more disreputable members of the outer rim.

The main thing the game needs as a first expansion is doubling the other market decks and adding some more encounter cards.

4 hours ago, Gallanteer said:

The U-Wing was Cassian's and is a Rebel ship.

The YT2400 is a must along with Dash.

The new Mandolorian series might introduce a few more disreputable members of the outer rim.

The main thing the game needs as a first expansion is doubling the other market decks and adding some more encounter cards.

With The Mandalorian airing in the next several months, I absolutely expect to see an entire expansion themed around the conflicts and factions found within that show. I'm sure it'll include a couple ships we currently expect it to, but probably three or four ships and characters from the show.

The twist could be that, since this game seems to be set before the events of ANH, we will probably get fledgling versions of the big baddies from the show, which is set 5 years post-RTJ.

On 6/19/2019 at 10:42 AM, buckero0 said:

Question Mark

We already do? U wing isn't really a smuggling ship. It's more of a military ship. All the ships in the game now are freighters or smugglers or specific bounty hunter ships which is what the game is based around. The only reason Jyn is in the game (as near as i can tell) is to round out good/bad characters and to add as many female characters as they could to the game. Honestly they could have put Aurra Sing in the game if she had a more recognizable role in the SW Universe. Jyn doesn't really fit in the game. Hera fits better as a smuggler/hauler/odd-job character than Jyn. She has history as all of those things. Jyn was a pre-teen Rebel fighter who had retired by 16 according to Saw/Jyn's conversation in R1

I feel like Jyn makes a fair bit of sense in terms of world building - she's someone who you can imagine being motivated to help a specific faction without having to be directly tied to that faction. It provides a nice link to the wider universe. Granted, there's arguably people who would have fit better, but well a lot of them probably wouldn't work outside of being tied to their faction. E.g. someone like Saw or Cassian could make sense 'story wise' to be out doing stuff on the Rim, but they'd have to 100% be 'support the Rebels'. Where as at the start of R1 we can see a Jyn who maybe could have taken a different path. I don't know much about Hera, but my impression is she might fit into a similar group as Saw/Cassian, where it wouldn't really fit for her to be anything but Rebel focused.

But I agree the U-Wing doesn't really fit.

16 hours ago, Gallanteer said:

I agree with this more than anything. We need more in the decks.

I don't know how many times I'm delivering the same illegal goods to the same planet, just because with 4 players you can cycle through that stack pretty easy.

I hope they add a second belt of planets as well, but that may make the game too long.

the Rebels tv show has Hera doing all kinds of scummy things like smuggling illegal contraband, working for bounty hunters, and gangsters as well as helping rebels. She really doesn't do much for the Empire so make her start with negative Imperial and you're set.

Anything to get CHOPper in the game 😎

Edited by buckero0
On 6/18/2019 at 11:41 AM, buckero0 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8i2yjcUYbg

This may or may not support my point. It looks way bigger on the inside and I wonder if those viewports are even accurate to the outside of the ship scale-wise.

in the artwork I've seen it looks about 5 times bigger with a much larger crew, etc. Of course scale is all arbitrary in the Galaxy. I thought it was ironic that the IROC (which is a modified Gozanti) is the penultimate Scum big ship Patrol and the Gozanti is the 2nd tier Imperial ship up from the shuttle.

According to the designers, the Decimator was meant to be an evil version of the Millenium Falcon. And I'm just basing the size off the given techspecs - 38m length (compared to the Falcon's 35m length, but the Decimator is much narrower) and a standard crew of 2 with 2 gunners (same as the Falcon). Of course the numbers come from an old RPG, but I'm sure that the X-Wing game also uses similar stats based on the size of the ship in that game.

Source: Wookieepedia

I'm a little partial to the Decimator since it was my favorite ship to fly when I played in X-Wing tournaments.

Although I have not done much along the lines of search the forum, the surprising lack of a Sith Fury-Class Interceptor info is fairly glaring.

Yes, I know it's a relic. Since it's such a fan favourite, surely there are plans for adding this ship to the lineup available in the system as a whole.

What I am looking for is this: RPG Stats and costs. Perhaps a playable deck plan/map. Stats for modifying.

In the absence of official stats, perhaps using the VT-49 Decimator as a base would work for a starting point, or is the Fury vastly different? Since I am nowhere near familiar with the cannon references, I'm just grasping at straws, here.

Thanks in advance!