Initiative Bid War

By A-N-T-N-Y, in X-Wing Organized Play

I'm still new to the tournament scene and am learning the ropes, meta, and terms, etc.

My question is about bids.

Some players are willing to build a squad for as low as 188-points in order to win the initiative bid. If said players lose the game, whether tabled or by points, does the winner gain those unused points? In the example given, the winner would add the 12 unused points in their overall points total?

My understanding is:

If you're tabled, the winner gets 200 points regardless of how many points were in the list , and the loser only gets credit for what they've killed/half-pointed.

If it's by points, each person gets the points for what they've killed/half-pointed, so those 12 points don't show up.

What is both are tabled due to tied initiative ships blowing each other up? This just came up on the forums, and the conclusion was: both players get a win, with a 200-200 score (hence the worst possible MOV).

PS: Not trying to be critical, but you might have gotten a quicker answer if you'd posted this in rules reference. Even though the question is in the context of organized play, this forum is more about announcing tournaments, etc.