A Scum list with limited resources

By Herr Style, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

I currently have Core, IG-88, R2&C-3PO, Hired Guns, Jawa, Han and Chewbacca. I’m thinking of a scum list but its only 39 points so far,

IG-88, eNexu, eProbe Droid, rHired Guns, Gideon Argus, Mak Eshkarey, eJawa, C-3PO, Temp Alliance and Focused on the Kill.

Is this legal?

I have 3 Rebels in my list, but can I have C-3PO be brought on board by my eJawa (along with the Imp Probe droid)?

Can anyone see any improvements with what I have? Any advice is great! Command cards I think I will just layout in front of me as it’s difficult to choose on Table Top Admiral.

My next big purchase will probably be Heart of the Empire to help reduce the costs of Vader, Han and Chewie. (Plus Sentry droids and Riot Troopers).Although I might change it to Jabba’s Realm 😁 lol

6 hours ago, Herr Style said:

I currently have Core, IG-88, R2&C-3PO, Hired Guns, Jawa, Han and Chewbacca. I’m thinking of a scum list but its only 39 points so far,

IG-88, eNexu, eProbe Droid, rHired Guns, Gideon Argus, Mak Eshkarey, eJawa, C-3PO, Temp Alliance and Focused on the Kill.

Is this legal?

I have 3 Rebels in my list, but can I have C-3PO be brought on board by my eJawa (along with the Imp Probe droid)?

Can anyone see any improvements with what I have? Any advice is great! Command cards I think I will just layout in front of me as it’s difficult to choose on Table Top Admiral.

My next big purchase will probably be Heart of the Empire to help reduce the costs of Vader, Han and Chewie. (Plus Sentry droids and Riot Troopers).Although I might change it to Jabba’s Realm 😁 lol

It's tough to make a scum list (or any list, really :P ) with just the core, but I don't see any problems with the one you've got! Your biggest issue is probably going to be struggling to do damage outside of IG-88. The Nexu is a super-fun figure that I really love, but they can either be a hero or a complete dud depending on their dice rolls (on both offense and defense). Nothing wrong with a little swingy-ness though, especially if you go into your games with the right mindset, knowing that the white die can blank just as often as it dodges.

If you were going to change away one figure I'd probably make it Mak - his ability seems so cool but I've just never really been able to get it to work. With that said, you've got two focusers in Gideon and 3P0 so maybe with the extra green die he'll be able to push enough damage through. Another option (which also takes up your extra point) might be to replace him with a regular Nexu and add some creature/brawler cards to your command deck.

Honestly, the biggest thing you're going to run up against if you take this to a tourney is that other people will likely have better command cards than you do. The Jabba's Realm wave in particular had a lot of cards that are really key to putting out a lot of damage with scum (in particular: Assassinate, Heightened Reflexes, Tools for the Job, Primary Target). It's too bad, but there's not really any way around the fact that you're going to be at a bit of a disadvantage without them. With that said, don't let it stop you from playing - it's a fantastic game, and I don't think you're going to regret having picked it up :)

I was thinking of HotE first to make it more balanced when I’m playing against my son, but I suppose I could just use home copied cards for that. For competitive play, I think then Jabba’s Realm would be a better first purchase for me?

I have no illusions as well about my performance in any tourney lol! My first Armada tourney, I destroyed the grand total of ONE Imperial Black Squadron Tie Fighter Squadron (yes, one!) in two games. 😁

Mak is actually pretty decent, Isaac's was a pain this regionals season haha. Even at just 3 points, he would be one of my first targets for a Cat-assassination. Tom also ran his command card (Shadow Ops) last season with pretty good success. I believe his ideal combo was a round 2 Shadow Ops, followed by a start of round 3 Strategic shift and if possible an Intelligence Leak. That pretty much is the end of your card game for the entire match as you end up holding just one (that he has already seen and didn't choose to discard). That said, I think he probably wouldn't be worth playing without Intel Leak/Strategic Shift....

Well, Agent Blaise is definitely one of the packs I’m thinking of getting next, ISB Infiltrators was later down the line.

I'd strongly consider subbing in R2 for Mak. Command card draw is very important, especially for scum lists and R2 provides that for the same cost.

I think I will use R2 until I have the cards from Agent Blaise, and possibly ISB Infiltrators. Not sure when that will be though!

I Would swap the Nexu and Mak (and your spare point) for Luke. If IG dies, you are really low on the offence side and farmboy Luke is pretty decent.