Origins gaming..

By LTuser, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Well, today was the first of my four slots of starfighters of aturi i am running.. Was told by several folk, all 6 tickets for all four of the events were sold out.. BUT only had 3 walk ups show up to play, AND that was almost 1 hr 20 min past the normal start time..

well, the first 2 of my sessions are done. The 1st, one ran on Wednesday, had 3 players. Today's session had 5.. 3 of them will return tomorrow, but all mentioned about they have a tourney to go to on saturday. Will keep appraised if i get more than them tomorrow or saturday.

Interesting. I think region al/local tournaments attract X-Wng players, especially if they have multiple chances to get a worlds invite. But, most of the x-wing events for Gencon sold out really quick!

After all was said and done, Friday's session had a full 6 players, so did saturday's. So that gave me 20 out of 24 players for the 4 sessions. AND Both those latter ones, cause of how long things went, Only got done with the intro missions for all involved, in the 4hr slot (the first one lasted almost 3 hrs 40 min!, the second was done with in just over 3 hrs.).

The Only bad gripe i had about it all, was it seemed one of the players for that last session, seemed to have walked off with the X-wing dial he used (though i did get back all my miniatures)..

Looking forward to running it again next year.. And if i attend any other cons at those too.