Game Mat Release?

By Bkane81, in Star Wars: Outer Rim

Has anyone heard anything about when the game mat is expected to be released? It looks like it’s off the main product page for the game and doesn’t appear in the upcoming products list.

We asked the UK office the other day and it has definitely missed its release window and been delayed.

Otherwise we would have made a video on it by now :)

The Arkham Chronicle Gang

I just tried to call FFG about it, but after waiting on the phone for a while, it ended up going to voicemail. I also called Miniature Market about it, and they said that they have contacted FFG asking about the Outer Rim game mat but haven't heard back from FFG yet.

Got in contact with FFG Customer Service, and the woman I spoke with put me on hold while she went to ask about it. She then told me that, even though it isn't currently on the Outer Rim product page, it was delayed but is still going to be released and that the developers are "optimistic about it being sooner rather than later."

11 hours ago, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

Got in contact with FFG Customer Service, and the woman I spoke with put me on hold while she went to ask about it. She then told me that, even though it isn't currently on the Outer Rim product page, it was delayed but is still going to be released and that the developers are "optimistic about it being sooner rather than later."

Lol. That is a typical FFG response. I used to call about SWLCG product releases, and would get a similar answer ...

Pretty sure 401 games is holding my outer rim as I pre-order them both at the same time. Guessing this means i will be waiting for this game forever

1 hour ago, DyneDargon said:

Pretty sure 401 games is holding my outer rim as I pre-order them both at the same time. Guessing this means i will be waiting for this game forever

I’d call them. Game is super fun and and without an expected date for the mat, no way I’d wait.

I gave up waiting indefinitely and canceled my pre-order of the game mat. So I finally got my copy of Outer Rim last week and played a 2-player game this past weekend. Super fun game, but I'm still a little jaded about that mat. *sigh*

Don't expect the play-mat anytime soon. Just ask the Game of Thrones board game players who pre-ordered the play mat for their game. Some of them have been waiting for almost a year without any communication or explanation.

If you have an X-Wing play mat just play on that. I use the Bespin playmat and I'd even contend that it adds to the flavor while playing the game. Even the Starfield mat would work just fine. I say that because (of course) the Bespin mat is also sold out.

The game is way too fun to be waiting for the play-mat to get it.

We mentioned this to Asmodee UK the other week and they said it would be another month or two.

Well it’s been over a month so I’m guessing the or two is in....................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I am so glad I finally split my order, otherwise I still wouldn’t have the game. I’ll just be happy the day it does actually show up on my doorstep (much like with the Armada SSD). I’ve been using an X-Wing star mat in the mean time. It works well enough, however having something a little narrower will be better.

Spotted on Twitter