is this game cancelled? Why not available?

By mbowsher76, in Imperial Assault Campaign

I see that everything for the game shows not available...is the game cancelled? I am just wanting to get into it so that is a big concern.

Not available doesn't mean out of stock. FFG has never been able to sell Imperial Assault from their webstore.

That said, Imperial Assault is winding down, there are currently no plans for further physical expansions.

Follow the rabbit hole from here or Google "not available imperial assault" for more:

Edited by a1bert

Oh that is sad to hear. Did they lose the license or is someone else going to pick it up, or better yet is there a second edition on the horizon? Just curious why it is winding down.

Just now, mbowsher76 said:

I see that everything for the game shows not available...is the game cancelled? I am just wanting to get into it so that is a big concern.

Nope! There's a licensing issue with Hasbro (who owns the Star Wars boardgame license) and as a result they don't currently sell, and have never sold, Imperial Assault (or other board games like Rebellion) on their website.

See this thread and others for more details:

With that said they've said that they're not currently working on any new physical content, so it's likely winding down somewhat, but definitely don't let that stop you from getting into the game (especially if you're in it for the campaign mode). They're still going on the app content as far as we know, meaning that they'll probably keep on reprinting the existing expansions (of which there are a lot) for the foreseeable future. If you're getting into it for competitive skirmish, on the other hand, you may have missed the boat a bit

Every game has a limited lifetime. That's what winding down means.

FFG will be releasing content for the Legends of the Alliance App, so who knows how long they will reprint.

2nd edition is always possibility down the road.

We can put it this way: if you’re looking for competitive skirmish play... then it’s probably not worth getting into. Skirmish is fun and you can play with friends, but it’s pretty much done growing. Even on the slim chance that the lack of coming physical content turns out to be a hiatus rather then than a stoppage then competitive skirmish still likely will not survive it.

If you’re interested in campaign play then this game is still 100% worth getting into, particularly the 1 vs many campaigns.

The LotA app, as a1bert points out, still has content coming. But I would say that the price tag on the core box just to play the core app campaign is steep. As soon as you add the Jabba’s Realm expansion it becomes worth every penny.

Edited by Uninvited Guest