Reanimates Heavy lists

By Skaflok, in Runewars List Building

Is it just me or two Reanimate blocks do not work unless Deathcaller Discos show up?

Do you use and play other working combo with more undead?

Go old school with:

http://tabletopadmiral.com/runewars/undead/p085u21uEMuEMuEMuEMp083u4euEMuEMp085u21uEMuEMuEMuEM

2X 12 tray Reanimates

1X 6 tray reanimates with Ankaur embedded

Add upgrades to taste

Its not a tourney winner, but’s it a fun list to make players go “huh?”

A more reasonable version:

http://tabletopadmiral.com/runewars/undead/p085u40u95u47u3bu24p083u4euEMuEMp013u27u47u25

198/200
Reanimates [64] 4x3
File Leader [6]
Vorunthul the Cursed [8]
Raven-Standard Bearer [3]
Triumphant Cry [3]
Moment of Inspiration [5]
Total Unit Cost: 89

Reanimates [35] 3x2
Ankaur Maro (I) [20]
Total Unit Cost: 55

Reanimate Archers [45] 3x2
Tempered Steel [3]
Raven-Standard Bearer [3]
Close Quarters Targeting [3]
Total Unit Cost: 54

A big ReaniHammer and a Standard 6 tray Reanimate Archer Star. It does suffer a bit for objectives that require you to move around a lot.

7 wide melee

3 wide ranged

112 HP before Ankaur triggers even once. Reasonably up to 124 before the first shot fired.

An old list from the early days that I enjoyed was 2 4x3 reanimate blocks, one had Maro and the other had Ardus. It was really dumb, but actually reasonably effective (although that was when I only played against daqan, and they had no archers). Would probably have more success with lord V figure upgrade instead of Ardus now, that way you can pull units into charge range.

Thank you and Thank you.

So when I play these big undead blocks, I like to put Trumpets on them. It allows them to wheel 2 which is almost like a 4 charge because of the unit frontage and how it swings around. While this blocks something like Aggressive Drummer, you could combo it with things like Executioner, Vexillium Banner, Deathcaller, Mistlands Saboteur, etc.

I had best success without the 4 wide block. Too easy to make useless with terrain.

Instead, try:

6 trays reanimates, with Ankaur Maro, cursed signets (no stunning to stop skill), metered march

6 trays reanimates

6 trays reanimates

6 trays reanimates

6 trays reanimates

I found again mobile armies, I would shift sideways (init 7) into units that tried to dance around me; then reform the form the following turn (init 4) and have maro boost the unit up to replace losses.

Two red and triple damage was more than enough to deal with most threats, and it's kind of a silly durable army.

Most trays I got on the table at one time was 38.

That is deliciously vicious idea. Ofc one of those BIG units could be replaced with some other heavy hitter of similar cost like 2 dks with obcasium or two single worms to back it up a bit. Perfect. Thanks

I have a lot of Reanimates, but I don’t think I have 38 trays! That is a crazy number. Just out of curiosity, were you proxying any of the trays or did you truly put 38 trays of Reanimate figures on the table? Were they all painted?

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:43 PM, sarumanthewhite said:

I have a lot of Reanimates, but I don’t think I have 38 trays! That is a crazy number. Just out of curiosity, were you proxying any of the trays or did you truly put 38 trays of Reanimate figures on the table? Were they all painted?

I've got a stupid number of reanimates, I think I could do 50 trays.

We normally play 300 points as we like bigger games so 30 trays isn't that crazy.