Mantis!

By Victarion13, in L5R LCG: Deck Building

Ok, just wanted to try to create a deck using all the mantis card, and this is the results...

Still, I am not totally sure if it can work well, or not... or how much!

So let me know, and if you have any suggestion you are welcome!

https://fiveringsdb.com/strains/26867b69-8805-11e9-804d-22d334ba48b8/view

Noice! I'm working on a Mantis build out of Kyuden Kakita. It looks goofy, but it just might work.

I just got the Core set. I am an old Mantis player. I was holding out until FF included the Mantis clan as a true stand alone. So anyway I was wondering which packs do I need to get to have a Mantis deck in this system?

On 3/23/2020 at 10:26 PM, NikYoritomo said:

I just got the Core set. I am an old Mantis player. I was holding out until FF included the Mantis clan as a true stand alone. So anyway I was wondering which packs do I need to get to have a Mantis deck in this system?

These are currently all the Mantis clan cards that are legal in the environment:

Armament Artisan - Masters of the Court (Crane pack)
Aspiring Challenger - Children of the Empire (Deluxe Box)
Kudaka - Breath of the Kami (Elemental Cycle pack 1)
Mantis Seafarer - The Fires Within (Elemental Cycle pack 2)
Mantis Tenkinja - Elements Unbound (Elemental Cycle pack 3)
Yoritomo - The Ebb and Flow (Elemental Cycle pack 4)

It should be noted however that both the Seafarer and Tenkinja are element locked (Air and Water roles respectively) so can only be used in decks that are using that elemental role.

For deck building there isn't really a proper Mantis deck yet due to the small character pool but I've seen attempts made out of Crab and Unicorn to make it work.

I know this has been asked a thousand times but do you think they will ever add any new Clan decks? I really liked how Mantis played with Shugenjas and Ranged weapons. I'm still getting used to the new system. There is a bit of the story I need to catch up on also. Is the fan base growing for this game or falling off?