The Resistance and the Shadow of Beanstalk

By Omegamack, in Shadow of the Beanstalk

Hey everyone,

I recently bought this campaign setting and plan to combine it with Uprising RPG, the Dystopian Universe Setting based on the The Resistance board game. I feel like this would make interesting adventure and has the same tone. I just need figure out a hook in the Android Setting. In the Resistance you play as group of rebels trying over throw a government. I feel like that doesn’t quite fit in the Android, so I like hear some other ideas for motivation.

Thank you for your time

Edited by Omegamack

I think the only real tone difference you're looking at here, at least from the "main storyline" of Android, is that the PCs are often pitted against a handful of megacorporations acting more or less as the supreme authority, rather than a tyrannical government.

However, the Android universe does have a civil war component in the form of Martians fighting for independence from both Earth and megacorp control - however most of the setting lore for that is found in the Worlds of Android sourcebook; and if your intention is to run an entirely different game system than Genesys, WoU isn't going to have a lot of info you'll be ignoring.

So, just for clarification, are you wanting to run the Genesys system but use the Resistance setting?

Edited by Big Head Zach

Thanks for the insight Big Head Zach

2 hours ago, Big Head Zach said:

So, just for clarification, are you wanting to run the Genesys system but use the Resistance setting?

I’m using the Genesys system in the Android setting with the some of the Resistance mechanics as campaign plot. There’s a RPG about the board game made by Evil Hat, it has a clever way of adding a traitor mechanic into the game. I’m just switching between the Fate system to the Genesys, and trying figure out a Bad Bad besides a tyrant is government. I’m thinking Wayland might fit the role I want.

Edited by Omegamack

Weyland would definitely be the monolithic "buys and sells other companies like playing with building blocks" corporate threat of the Android-verse. It's biggest interests are financial institutions, banks, real-estate, and construction companies. The current worldwide currency unit, the Transnational Credit, is a standard supported and maintained by Titan Transnational Bank. Guess who owns that?