List Breakdown - Waiqar Ranged.

By Church14, in Runewars List Building

These threads seem to get some attention, so here’s another.

Similar premise to that Daqan list:

- Heavy ranged

- High durability blockers

http://tabletopadmiral.com/runewars/undead/p011u0eu27p011u0eu27p101u3du3ap031ua3uEMp111u77uEMuEMp072uEMuEM

200/200
Reanimate Archers [18] 2x1
Rank Discipline [4]
Tempered Steel [3]
Total Unit Cost: 25

Reanimate Archers [18] 2x1
Rank Discipline [4]
Tempered Steel [3]
Total Unit Cost: 25

Ankaur Maro [40] 1x1
Fortunas Dice [6]
Violent Forces [6]
Total Unit Cost: 52

Ardus IxErebus [37] 1x1
Dimodian Blades [5]
Total Unit Cost: 42

Death Knights [24] 2x1
Obcasiums Gauntlet [5]
Total Unit Cost: 29

Carrion Lancers [27] 2x1
Total Unit Cost: 27

Thoughts? The Daqan list was 8 threat of ranged and 4x10 for blockers. This list is 6 threat of ranged and 3x14 of blockers.

Daqan avg ranged damage: 22.5

Waiqar avg ranged damage: 21.

Daqan avg melee damage: 10.5

Waiqar avg melee damage: 17.5

Daqan HP: 88+2 (not including golem or Hawthorne armor ups). Includes 12 hp for vitality tokens

Waiqar HP: 68 (not including Ankaur dumping new trays in)

Edited by Church14

Since I play with a lot of ranged, I worry about how it would fare in a range-versus-range shoot-out. Ankaur's initiative makes him vulnerable, and the 2x1 Archers can lose threat quickly if they're not wiped in one go. I do get the sense that the Daqan's damage is distributed more usefully, even if the melee damage is less than what the Waiqar list above presents.

12 blocks of RA 2 times 3*2, with vorunthul and some addons would make it better

by addons I mean thirst of bilehall for better control, 2 single worms or 2*1 DK's with obcasium

Ofc, 3*2 RA with Wind Rune, cqt and raven standard bearer

I guess when I focus on ranged damage with Waiqar, I like to use the Raven Standard Bearer, CI, and either Wind Rune/Tempered Steel. With no ability to control runes, I feel that Wind Rune can be a bit of a gamble, so I tend to like CQT and TS as an alternative.

I also like units with re-rolls since I generally roll poorly...

18 hours ago, Vergilius said:

Since I play with a lot of ranged, I worry about how it would fare in a range-versus-range shoot-out. Ankaur's initiative makes him vulnerable, and the 2x1 Archers can lose threat quickly if they're not wiped in one go. I do get the sense that the Daqan's damage is distributed more usefully, even if the melee damage is less than what the Waiqar list above presents.

I’ve run that archer spread against a lot of Latari. The only things that provide an obstacle I really struggle to work around are Ventala and Fire Rune units. Basically, units that can move and shoot. Otherwise you have quite a bit of control to dictate range with the shift-2 at init7.

Still, this is a workshop, so let’s adjust and see.

http://tabletopadmiral.com/runewars/undead/p013u27u47u25p013u27u47u25p1a1uEMub0

152/200
Reanimate Archers [45] 3x2
Tempered Steel [3]
Raven-Standard Bearer [3]
Close Quarters Targeting [3]
Total Unit Cost: 54

Tempered Steel [3]

Lord Vorunthul [40] 1x1
Entrancing Gaze [4]
Total Unit Cost: 44

48 points left to do whatever. Maybe 3 trays of Lancers? A 6 tray reanimates with some goodies? 4 tray death knights?

20 minutes ago, Church14 said:

I’ve run that archer spread against a lot of Latari. The only things that provide an obstacle I really struggle to work around are Ventala and Fire Rune units. Basically, units that can move and shoot. Otherwise you have quite a bit of control to dictate range with the shift-2 at init7.

Still, this is a workshop, so let’s adjust and see. 

http://tabletopadmiral.com/runewars/undead/p013u27u47u25p013u27u47u25p1a1uEMub0

152/200
Tempered Steel [3]

Tempered Steel [3]
Raven-Standard Bearer [3  ]

Lord Vorunthul [40] 1x1
Entrancing Gaze [4]
Total Unit Cost: 44

48 points left to do whatever. Maybe 3 trays of Lancers? A 6 tray reanimates wi  th some goodies? 4 tray death knights?

As soon as you go 3x2 CQT, I'd say a combat effective unit like 4 tray death knights or 6 tray reanimates, but 2x1 Lancers. At that point, that's some scary range.