Birmingham results

By Folkvar, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

After the results in the Birmingham Grand Kotei, I believe that the Dragon clan is still too overpowered, compared to the rest, especially the Scorpion. They need a couple more nerfs to their cards (maybe Yokuni needs to have no text at all and Mitsu should be a 1/1 with 0 glory at a cost of 6...just throwing out ideas) and they certainly need at least 3 more cards in the restricted list.

I honestly came to discuss the real results that matter...the fact that the top cut players failed to vote for sending Asako Maezawa to Otosan Uchi. This is the second time the leaders of the empire have failed their duty. Sometimes I just have to shake my head and wonder if Rokugan is even worth saving from itself.

I feel that the Phoenix, spiritual leaders of the Empire that we are, need to get our own house in order first!

Phoenix can smell the black scrolls hiding in their mountains and gotta catch them all.

1 hour ago, Schmoozies said:

Phoenix can smell the black scrolls hiding in their mountains and gotta catch them all.

Can we hurry this up please? Lord Junzo has been waiting a long time for the Phoedex delivery to Yogo castle.

On 6/3/2019 at 4:35 AM, Folkvar said:

After the results in the Birmingham Grand Kotei, I believe that the Dragon clan is still too overpowered, compared to the rest, especially the Scorpion. They need a couple more nerfs to their cards (maybe Yokuni needs to have no text at all and Mitsu should be a 1/1 with 0 glory at a cost of 6...just throwing out ideas) and they certainly need at least 3 more cards in the restricted list.

If you're going to name a post "Birmingham Results", at least have the decency to include those results before going on a self-pitying whiney rant about how your Clan that has nothing to do with the event itself.

For the record, Hatamoto David Hoyland won with Crab, defeating the Shogun Erik Baalhuis of the Crane Clan.

The players who qualified for Day 2 voted to advise the Phoenix Clan to keep Asako Maezawa in Phoenix lands, to help protect them from the imbalance affecting the kami, by a total of 13 votes to 12.

Further details on the event can be found at https://imperialadvisor.com/2019/05/29/meta-check-birmingham/

1 hour ago, Evilgm said:

The players who qualified for Day 2 voted to advise the Phoenix Clan to keep Asako  Maezawa in Phoenix lands, to help protect them from the imbalance affecting the kami, by a total of 13 votes to 12.

Oof, that's one tight margin. Seeing as the Phoenix don't love getting political, I'd've expected it to be a wider spread.

2 hours ago, twinstarbmc said:

Oof, that's one tight margin. Seeing as the Phoenix don't love getting political, I'd've expected it to be a wider spread.

Phoenix weren't the ones voting it was all players who made the cut

I voted to go out to Otosan Uchi. Hopefully so Shahai could get a slap. Obviously I was outvoted.

Yeah fwiw it was initially a close vote even within Phoenix Clan from the poll I took among members...the in-clan poll did end up favoring sending Maezawa to Otosan Uchi though, so I'm a bit disappointed we lost the real vote by such a narrow margin. Still looking forward to seeing what comes from all of this.

I love crab, so happy for them. Just, I hope one day I will win against them, lol. It is still the only clan I never won against (also because I don't have many opponent who uses it)

Edited by Victarion13